Conductive pipes not working.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Topsu

Jul 29, 2019
2013-02-05_19.41.40.png

Why the power is staying there like that and not going any forward?

Topsu

Jul 29, 2019
It is going straight to the quarry. And even if the quarry wouldn't accept the power it would still go to the next conductive pipes?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you're out-powering the quarry with that configuration...

Come to think of it, I had this problem too. The conclusion I came up with is that there is a sort of maximum throughput for non-wooden conductive pipes (even gold ones) so when you serially chain these, they don't work as expected for large power draws. I'm not sure if this is the actual mechanics but it seemed to be a consistent interpretation. Conductive pipe behaves very strangely when you make cycles or T-joins. The easiest solution I've found is to use a single piece of wooden conductive pipe and attach numerous engines to it in a star configuration. It's ugly, but the throughput of a single piece of wooden pipe seems infinite.

Eventually I had the infrastructure of upgrade to redstone conductors from TE and I've not looked back. Pipes just aren't suited to power networks as they stand, and they seem to lose more power than the wiki suggests they should.

Reactions: Setari

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you're out-powering the quarry with that configuration...

Come to think of it, I had this problem too. The conclusion I came up with is that there is a sort of maximum throughput for non-wooden conductive pipes (even gold ones) so when you serially chain these, they don't work as expected for large power draws. I'm not sure if this is the actual mechanics but it seemed to be a consistent interpretation. Conductive pipe behaves very strangely when you make cycles or T-joins. The easiest solution I've found is to use a single piece of wooden conductive pipe and attach numerous engines to it in a star configuration. It's ugly, but the throughput of a single piece of wooden pipe seems infinite.

Eventually I had the infrastructure of upgrade to redstone conductors from TE and I've not looked back. Pipes just aren't suited to power networks as they stand, and they seem to lose more power than the wiki suggests they should.

Yeah, if you possibly can, just use what kirin said /redstone Conduits.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
What does the quarry end of the piping look like?

It is going straight to the quarry. And even if the quarry wouldn't accept the power it would still go to the next conductive pipes?

No, if you're quarry is done (at bedrock) then the buildup will occur right at the engines (like shown in the pic).