computers to run ftb decently

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I keeed i keeed. But you wouldn't get arrested, just kicked out. Your security friend is posturing.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
Bestbuy will have you removed from the store, or arrested if you do that.
Pics, or it didn't happen.
no they wouldn't, they are set up so you can use them. i have done it. they wouldn't like you putting it on the hard drive but that is why you use a flash drive. and i will get some pics in a bit someone else is using the computer right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1362432690][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bestbuy will have you removed from the store, or arrested if you do that.
Pics, or it didn't happen.
also i should note that my local best buy, as it is in a rather small city might have 15 people in it at a time where as one where there might be 100 or more people in it at a time might have different rules and regulations.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
Got an ASUS laptop for $400. Runs FTB fine with far distance. Don't listen to the "experts". Also I ordered online; better deals, no middle man and you can customize.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Ram is important... But not that important.....

Are you running windows? Follow these steps..
  1. Open your control panel
  2. Change your view to "Large Icon" or "Small Icon"
  3. Open "Performance Information and Tools"
  4. If on the right it says unrated, Click the button that says "Rate this computer"
Your lowest score is usually what is going to be your best option on the upgrade path. Post your results here, and your hardware specs. I(we) will see what what we can find for you to improve your computer.

-cheers

Cubssox13

Jul 29, 2019
zwahlm, in the mindcrack pack it says i'm using 55% of allocated memory...ultimate pack says i'm using 75% of allocated memory...what should i do?[DOUBLEPOST=1362435389][/DOUBLEPOST]ok booker, i opened control panel and i can click on "appearance and themes", "printers and other hardware", "network and internet connections", "Performance and maintenance" & "add or remove programs"...which ones are you talking about? i see no "view", or "performance information and tools"

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
no they wouldn't, they are set up so you can use them. i have done it. they wouldn't like you putting it on the hard drive but that is why you use a flash drive. and i will get some pics in a bit someone else is using the computer right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1362432690][/DOUBLEPOST]
also i should note that my local best buy, as it is in a rather small city might have 15 people in it at a time where as one where there might be 100 or more people in it at a time might have different rules and regulations.
Just went to the mall for a pretzel. Went into Best Buy and asked a sales associate. You are not allowed to install or download ANY program to their computers, at all, whatsoever. You aren't allowed to plug in your flash drive and run a game off of that. It a security risk to their computers to allow customers to do so. Also, the computers run "Display only" programs that block any and all installs. He told me it's a company wide policy. No exceptions, at all. If you've done this at your local Best Buy, they shouldn't have allowed it.

OP, while I was at Best Buy, I saw a computer, running a pretty crappy processor, with 4 GB of RAM for $300.
The 3 things to consider when deciding on a computer you will use for gaming: processor, graphics card/processor, RAM.

Edit: OP, please tell us your computer specs. Processor, amount of RAM and type of RAM (DDR2, DDR3, etc), what type of graphics you're using (integrated or card), what your OS is/bit type of your OS, what version of Java you're using/bit type of Java.

Cubssox13

Jul 29, 2019
so if ultimate is using 75% of allocated memory, is that ok? what should i do? if i can, i'd like to either fix some settings to get the fps up or fix up my laptop...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: OP, please tell us your computer specs. Processor, amount of RAM and type of RAM (DDR2, DDR3, etc), what type of graphics you're using (integrated or card), what your OS is/bit type of your OS, what version of Java you're using/bit type of Java.
Read that please ^

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
ik...how do i upgrade RAM?
For your level of knowledge on technology:
Take your laptop to a computer store (like Best Buy)
Ask a sale associate or tech person to tell you which RAM you need to buy for the computer
Most stores (for a fee) will install hardware for you, if you bring your computer to the store.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Generally, you don't want to allocate more than 75% than what's available on the sliding scale/bar.

Edit: at the moment, you have double that of the REQUIRED RAM to run Minecraft. Required is no where near what is considered optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.