Computerised Nexus

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I would share some of our hard work with the greater community, we have built a computerised Nexus and we have made the code so that it is easily expanded and edited by others. It uses a Computer with touchscreen monitor, you select your destination and it sends a message to a wireless turtle to change the book stored within a crystal teleport gate.

Here is the code we used:

NexusComp.Lua: http://pastebin.com/kXvyexUz
NexusTurtle.Lua: http://pastebin.com/DihsXnBx

Here is a video for how it all works and how to set it up to use yourself.

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
The server is used for recording purposes so we keep it open only for friends or special circumstances (for other LP'rs to guest star) to protect our hard work for our audience

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
We have basically that setup on our server, but it's build as a stargate (you know, from the series). Unfortunately there has been an issue with turtles unable to get the books from the portal after the mystcraft update. Does yours work with the current ultimate pack?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
As the video shows, the books are retrieved with a Transposer and tubed back to the turtle.

Don't really have the time now to watch a half-hour video :)

Good to know such a setup works but I guess you'll have to make sure that the turtles are all filled with books to make sure they end up in the right spot.

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
The turtles are not filled up with books, in our case it has 5 or 6 books out of the 16 slots available. You cannot store them in a chest easily, but I beleive turtles can place and retrieve in certain spots in a chest anyway, so a little extra coding and you can modify it to store lots more than 16 books.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that you have to be able to identify the books. Or can turtles read book 'names' nowadays?

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Nope you always store a book in a certain slot on the turtle inventory and place it back in that slot once it goes back, you can then identify the names of the book yourself on the touchscreen. The key to this setup is that it always remembers the slot which it removed the last book, and replaces it back in the same spot, before retrieving the next one, storing the slot number and waiting again.