Computercraft wireless peripherals

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been looking for hours, but can't find a way to connect my computer to any peripheral using just the wireless modem. I don't want to use any Rednet server/client methods.

Can anyone help me? I know it can be done using wired modems and network cables, so I'm guessing wireless should also be possible.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Wirelessmodems are not like wiredmodems. Wirelessmodems only connect to computers, not to peripherals. The only way to do what you ask is through having 2 computets with a wirelessmodem on each and then using rednet/modem api

Last edited:

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Rednet is really easy to use, as is the modemapi. Can I ask why you need wireless peripherals?

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I monitor my energy levels from all sources in a single computer next to a big monitor. I just build a reactor from Big Reactors mod and it is a bit far, so I wanted to do it wirelessly. I tried to use Rednet, but it just didn't work and I personally don't find it very enjoyable. I just wanted to wrap the peripheral with the wireless modem and access it's methods to print values on the monitor.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
The modemapi Is the exact same for both wireless and wiredmodems. So if you know how to use wired, you know wireless.
If you want help with any of them, id be happy to help

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do some research and if I have questions, I'll post here :) Thanks for your help

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk