Computercraft Improved Melon Farm

El_Diablo256

Jul 29, 2019
This is my improved and more automated version of my last melon farm.
this program allows you to start you melon farming with one command and they will bring it back to the starting position too!
last melon farm: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/computercraft-melon-farm.20126/

length = 7 width = 23

1-> bottom Layer: the outlines and wood can be 2-> 2nd Layer: plant the melon seeds on the waterside and a made from every block you want chest to the far left(if you look at the farm)
turtle_melon_farm_bottom_layer_by_el25diablo6-d63ong3.png
turtle_melon_farm_2nd_layer_by_el25diablo6-d63oohv.png

3-> 3th layer: just add the turtle on top of the chest,
facing the farm. and add on top of that turtle a chest.

you can always add a roof on top or make it underground. this is the path the turtle will follow:
turtle_advanced_melon_farm_3th_layer_by_el25diablo6-d63phh1.png
turtle_melon_farm_3th_layer_with_turtle_path_by_el25diablo6-d63oome.png

the turtle interface with in slot 1 coal and
in slot 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 melon
turtle_interface_by_el25diablo6-d63oomj.png

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be easier if you planted the stems along the fencewall and have the turtle move along the trench? It could break melons both north and south from one position.

And by the way, you don't need to tilt the land, melons grow fine on dirt aswell.

Xipheon

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be easier if you planted the stems along the fencewall and have the turtle move along the trench? It could break melons both north and south from one position.

And by the way, you don't need to tilt the land, melons grow fine on dirt aswell.

The turtle would have to make 7 moves per 2 melons harvested because of all the turning since you can only break blocks forward, up, and down. The other method is 4 moves per 2 melons and you could also factor in a quicker return time as the posted method ends against the starting wall.

El_Diablo256

Jul 29, 2019
The turtle would have to make 7 moves per 2 melons harvested because of all the turning since you can only break blocks forward, up, and down. The other method is 4 moves per 2 melons and you could also factor in a quicker return time as the posted method ends against the starting wall.

at the end it turnes and drops the melon in the chest...

Xipheon

Jul 29, 2019
at the end it turnes and drops the melon in the chest...
Right, I was defending your method but my grammar was a bit messy. After it harvests the last melon it's already against the same wall it started at leaving just a few blocks to travel to return to the chest. With the method he suggested after harvesting the last melon it's at the farther end so even after taking longer harvesting it has longer to travel to return.

San

Jul 29, 2019
Straw golem + Wooden golem + Xychorium soil + enderchest

Fast and functional. No water needed. No energy or fuel consumption. Plop down then enderchest anywhere you want the farmed goods to be accessible.

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
Straw golem + Wooden golem + Xychorium soil + enderchest

Fast and functional. No water needed. No energy or fuel consumption. Plop down then enderchest anywhere you want the farmed goods to be accessible.

But for those that don't do Thaumcraft, this layout works just fine though.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower Block Breaker on a slow timer (idk like 1 or 2 minutes) work also fine :b
For people that don't like Cc like me :'D