Compact Factorization automation with 1.5.1...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll admit I'm not loading the crystalizer (yet... it takes 5 routers) but this setup on KirinDave's Resonant Rising is slick thanks to chickenbones translocators.

2013-05-02_14.53.36.png

Left chests are input/output for the turtle filling buckets. Bottom chest is output for slag, and right chest holds the output of the slag furnace and the finished crystals - which again I manually load the crystalizer at the moment. But 5 stacks of 64 will last a long time.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first compact automation of factorization I've seen that is not obscenely expensive. I wonder if we can get NeptunePink to nerf this. :) I'll definitely have to feature this on my channel!

So you're using the translocators to pull ores from the mixer... and you're using the SAME translocator to pull empty buckets from the mixer and move them over to a turtle that refills the bucket? Clever.

Ahh, I think I understand the reason people are so excited about CB's translocator things now; they allow the receiver to decide what they want as opposed to the sender deciding what to extract, right?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
WTF is going on there? Oo

Translocators move items from one inventory to another over a single square distance. Both in and out have filters, so you can potentially do many to many sorting.

Items don't get dropped on the ground and if there is no place to move something, it gets left in the source.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Mind Blown.

Looks like Resonant Rise is breeding intelligence.

DoctorOr's builds have always been impressive. We talked about this build and figured out how to make it even MORE compact, though. Hopefully he'll show that off soon, because it involves droppers which are hilarious.

The hard part still remains though: evenly balancing stuff in the crystalizer. AFAIK only compuercraft has ever been able to do that perfectly.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
DoctorOr's builds have always been impressive. We talked about this build and figured out how to make it even MORE compact, though. Hopefully he'll show that off soon, because it involves droppers which are hilarious.

The hard part still remains though: evenly balancing stuff in the crystalizer. AFAIK only compuercraft has ever been able to do that perfectly.
Routers. It would just be difficult to place the last translocator. One router per slot, and things may get interesting. I'll do some testing on my Resonant Rise test world later to see if it is possible!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

As Way said, routers work. You use one per slot and load them direct.

One problem though, has anybody found a logic programmer? I know I haven't

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, I have not. Dungeons seem a little sparse. After I find a few modest bees (maybe just a bunch of drones?) I'll go find the other strongholds and check their loot.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've found one in my Ultimate world, so they can still be found as dungeon loot.

Edit: I've only ever found them in dungeons. Never in thaumcraft chests, or mineshafts.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah there is that. We should have more dungeon loot when DimDoorw goes back in the pack. But note that even those are not as awesome as the turtle solution. The turtle solution can do stuff like run with fewer crystalizers.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah there is that. We should have more dungeon loot when DimDoorw goes back in the pack. But note that even those are not as awesome as the turtle solution. The turtle solution can do stuff like run with fewer crystalizers.

How does it load the five slots equally? If you push items into the crystalizer, first one slot will fill, then the second, etc.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, translocators.... The last thing I'd like to know here is what is the translocator ^_^

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
How does it load the five slots equally? If you push items into the crystalizer, first one slot will fill, then the second, etc.

The next RR drop will have miscperipherals if its working. There is an upgrade for turtles that let's you do sidewise and slot wise inserts.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
It's a typo. But episode 8 will be out today. Liquid glowstone and some RedNet logic incoming.
That's the pitfall of me recording things ahead of time - always looks like I am behind! =3

Also, it might be good to release episodes at the same time each day, instead of throughout the day.