Common problem solvers

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Common problem solvers tips :)
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hey guys I am making this simply cause I make minecraft tutorials.
I notice we repeat a lot of stuff on here, I mean the people who help one another so here is some tips to maybe help you solve your issue.
I am by no means a pro at anything guys just trying to help the little bit I can :)
Also if you guys have any tips please link them below and help everyone out!

When I have issues I go through a list of problem solvers.
1. Uninstall all java and reinstall 32bit and 64 bit
2. Update graphics card if its been a super long time.
3. Delete all the modapack contents you are trying to do.
4. If 3 does not work I delete all of FTB reinstall everything fresh and start over.
5. If none of that works I come here lol And if that does not help I play another modpack ha.

So guys I need you to know that if you play on windows 7 at least, windows 7 takes almost 2GB of ram use at a time. So mine usually takes 1.75GB of ram at all times.
I am mentioning this for a reason, lets say you have 6Gb of ram that's all and you start putting ram in places it can literally not make your server work if the ram spikes. It can cause freezes , blue screen, random shut downs ECT...
So if you get brave and put 4GB of ram to your client side of FTB, then put 2GB to your server side. Chances are your server is not gonna work, and the issues I just said will most likely happen.

So here is my problem solver for 4GB Ram total users
Put 1Gb to client, 1.5Gb to server < Not recommended on heavy mod packs, and that leaves 1.5Gb to windows 7 at least.
I do not know about other windows guys I am sorry.
For 6Gb ram total put, 2Gb ram to client, 2Gb to server, and that leaves you with 2GB to windows.
I myself have 10Gb of ram total so I do this. 4GB to client side, 2GB to server, and the other 4GB goes to all the other processes I use on my PC.

So sorry for my horrible grammar, I apologize it is not a strong point in my life.
And honestly hope this helps someone out.

Mods and Admins if this page is in the wrong section please feel free to move it.

Keep Punching trees!

Last edited: