Colorless input for Thermal Expansion? What is it?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kempeorlaxan

Jul 29, 2019
Using Ftb Infinity modpack, returned to it after some inactivity, can't seem to find info on this...

There is a new output type apart from regular blue/orange/red/green/yellow/purple. It is colorless. All machines seem to have it. I thought it was for deleting output or something to that effect but it didn't seem to delete anything. What is it used for?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe its just output but without the machine pushing it into pipes.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Open access. Allows any slot in the machine to be accessed from that side, but no automatic input or output.
that means that one slot can be used for both input and output? provided the pipe can both put items in it and get items out of it

That would be interesting, don't wooden pipes allow to insert items?

Kempeorlaxan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks for the information... I will try connecting Ender IO conduits to it and see if it can both output and input at the same time. But for now just use normal functionality...

By the way is there any point in installing extraction servos on itemducts that connect to thermal expansion machines? Do they help extract items/fluids faster? And at what rate does machine extract items by default with no servo?? Anyone did any testing on this? I usually put reinforced extraction servos in addition to machine extracting on its own... May be waste of resources, but they are really not that expensive...

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks for the information... I will try connecting Ender IO conduits to it and see if it can both output and input at the same time. But for now just use normal functionality...

By the way is there any point in installing extraction servos on itemducts that connect to thermal expansion machines? Do they help extract items/fluids faster? And at what rate does machine extract items by default with no servo?? Anyone did any testing on this? I usually put reinforced extraction servos in addition to machine extracting on its own... May be waste of resources, but they are really not that expensive...
Machines will output faster than they make stuff so they won't need extra help. They get stuffed only if you don't have a valid destination for their output but once you have that sorted they will output the extra stuff faster than they make new stuff.

Reactions: Type1Ninja