Coding Leasons For Forge (Paid If Required)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Phuizour

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
Im 17 and i would like to learn how to code minecraft forge mods and generally express my thoughts through some mods and see if anyone likes them, if require someone just to teach me the basics and just when i find an issue that i can not resolve, if payment is required for this help i don't mind paying for lessons but don't expect $50-$100 per day or hour as i more or less just would like to learn some minecraft forge coding so i can go into uni (College) and not fall behind and not fail, oh also just to get some enjoyment out of making some sweet ass mods :D.

Please Message Me If You Are Interested, Im From Australia And Don't Mind Staying Up Late For You Americans

P.S. Don't be mean, or negative in the comments i know there are many trolls out there!

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any programming skills now? If you're not well versed in Java I suggest you start there (there's plenty of materials on learning java online). Starting with a mod while you don't know any Java just ends with a big mess.

Reactions: Pokefenn

katistrofik

Jul 29, 2019
There's no need for paying someone when there's so many free online resources. I'd suggest signing up for edx.org's Harvard's CS50. It's a great course that teaches programming in C. While not an object oriented language like Java, the course is a great intro to programming that will instill a great foundation of the programming basics.

Another course on EDX (while great, I still prefer CS50) is MITs intro to programming, and that one uses Python. You might have an easier time transitioning from Python to Java. Either way, the important things to learn are the programming basics.

Reactions: CascadingDragon

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
There's no need for paying someone when there's so many free online resources. I'd suggest signing up for edx.org's Harvard's CS50. It's a great course that teaches programming in C. While not an object oriented language like Java, the course is a great intro to programming that will instill a great foundation of the programming basics.

Another course on EDX (while great, I still prefer CS50) is MITs intro to programming, and that one uses Python. You might have an easier time transitioning from Python to Java. Either way, the important things to learn are the programming basics.

I detest. Java is much much easier to learn than C (++) for starting out. I speak from my own experience. Plus C is lying in its death bed && living on life support now.

Grab a java book from a library and start from there (Most of the high quality ones are in the 50$ range). You can only be a good programmer if you have a dying passion and / or purpose to be one. Usually "Ei wan t maek meincraf muds" is not good enough of a purpose to "kick-start the engine".

Reactions: Pokefenn

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I detest. Java is much much easier to learn than C (++) for starting out. I speak from my own experience. Plus C is lying in its death bed && living on life support now.

I agree. As a software developer I find it rather strange to suggest to someone who wants to learn Java to learn C instead. The languages are miles apart.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. As a software developer I find it rather strange to suggest to someone who wants to learn Java to learn C instead. The languages are miles apart.

Learning a little about C and C++ does help show the roots of Java though, also teaches you a little bit about manual memory clean up/disposal as opposed to Java's automated system.

I still think having my first class of C++ before java was the right choice, even though I prefer Java and C#, having my first few programs in C++ taught me some valuable lessons.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Usually "Ei wan t maek meincraf muds" is not good enough of a purpose to "kick-start the engine".
I disagree with you I reason I am trying to learn code is because "Ei wan t maek meincraf muds" infact because of this I want have career in programing

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Learning a little about C and C++ does help show the roots of Java though, also teaches you a little bit about manual memory clean up/disposal as opposed to Java's automated system.

I still think having my first class of C++ before java was the right choice, even though I prefer Java and C#, having my first few programs in C++ taught me some valuable lessons.

I find that to be like "lets look at the inner workings of a computer first before we use it and see it in action" otherwise known as "weird". But your choice is your choice.

/endquotereply

I think the main thing that makes C++ hard to newcomers is really how the libs are written.

To the beginner, they ponder "WTH is this '<<' thing"? Because 99% of us are used to using a void() to do that, not OpOvering.

And then Microsoft comes along with its <windows.h>, a lib that even I and many other people find annoying due to its (and their) deterrence from standard naming conventions && poorly named typedefs. This is C++. Not C#.

Lets face it, STL is plain horrid.

With every day, Java is getting bigger and better, slowly crushing the need for C++. The only important thing I can imagine C++ will uniquely retain in the long run is direct OGL / DX support, until the devs are finally motivated to "throw the boulder off this sinking ship and unto a new one", which may be a couple years from now.

I disagree with you I reason I am trying to learn code is because "Ei wan t maek meincraf muds" infact because of this I want have career in programing

What your saying is semi-contradictory here. You learn Java to make MC mods, but you want to have a career in programming? do you mean a career in making mods?

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
If you starting out and know nothing or very little, I would suggest picking up Java as your SECOND language. Having watched others learn, and gone through a bunch myself - your first language is all about syntax and "wtf does this mean?". Once you move to a new language. its less of dealing with "error: missing )" and more about: "I know i need a loop. how do I do this in Java?"

Go find a python, or visual basic tutorial to get started. once you have a good understanding, then pickup a book on Java and make us some cool mods.

katistrofik

Jul 29, 2019
The main point I was trying to drive was that there are other options when it comes to learning about programming and paying for a tutor isn't the only option (though tutored learning is great, imo!). I just happened to like learning in C because of the reasons mentioned above by Malexion. I think having to worry about memory (stack/heap) tends to making a better fledgling programmer. Anyway, to each their own.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I think I probably would have had more fun learning C# first, but C++ certainly has it's place. Java also has it's place, for instance the Android operating system was written mostly in C, but uses Java for front end application design.

Most operating systems actually still use some form of C and to topple C we would need to see quite a few changes to java, but as Katistrofik said, to each their own. However I really don't recommend starting with python (sorry!)

Windows: C++, kernel is in C
Mac: Objective C, kernel is in C
Linux: Most things are in C

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize the jvm is written in C++?

Anyway, I suggest if you want to get into java, you do some research and try to understand how the Java Virtual Machine works. After doing this for my JVM argument research in tech support, I'm able to look at java code in a remarkably different perspective than when I first started to.

I also suggest picking up a Java Programming book to use as a reference guide as you learn.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Strange. I had dropped a link to Code Academy as the 3rd post in this thread, and it seems to have disappeared.

EDIT: nevermind, I was just confused. Anyway, as I said in your other thread... code academy is a good place to learn some coding basics. 95% of what you learn over there applies to any language, really.