Codename Davey Jones

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, not sure if folks remember the modpack I was working on called Davey Jones' Locker. Well it was at the end of 1.6.4 and I decided to shelve it until 1.7.10 was stable. Well here we are with a fairly set of stable mods.

With some time to think I am changing it up a bit, basic story will be you have crashed/awoken on a water filled world(waiting on a mod to make a straight water world) and have to figure out a way to survive and get off the planet. I will be doing custom recipes/items/crops/other things. This is going to take some time with me recording Youtube series and work and life but it's something I have been thinking on since late spring I believe.

This will be a tech heavy pack with zero magic mods.

Mods will include but not limited to:

AgriCraft
Applied Energistics
BiblioCraft
BuildCraft and BuildCraft Compat
Carpenters Blocks
Chisel
CodeChickenCore
CoFHCore
CustomMainMenu
ExtraCells
Fluxed Crystals
Forestry
Galacticraft
GraviSuite
IndustrialCraft 2
INpureCore
Mekanism
MineFactory Reloaded
MineTweaker
ModTweaker
NEI
NEI Integration
OpenEye
Quadrum
Railcraft
Steves Carts
Storage Drawers
Waila

Thinking of adding Pams Harvestcraft

Also, there will be 0 ore generation in the overworld and I am disabling the Nether and the End as they won't be needed in this pack. The main goals.. get a space station, go to the planets and escape the water filled world.

I am hoping that more planets are added before I enter Beta stage but that is some time down the road.

Anyways, I may also be looking for help from folks that know the configs and JSON files well enough to get me started in them along with Quadrum, I will also be looking for Texture Artists than can create some simple models since I cannot art well.

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Nuuuu, recently i had similar idea. In seriousness good luck and im looking forward seeing this pack made because i dont think i will develop my idea.

jonny4547

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can make a straight water world with vanilla :p (go to more world options, put world type on superflat and customize, presets and water world)

alexubel989

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say how stable it is, but you might take a look at the 4-space mod. It finishes out the solar system.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can make a straight water world with vanilla :p (go to more world options, put world type on superflat and customize, presets and water world)
I know this, but I was wanting to not HAVE to use the Lockdown mod and just have it set via configs. We shall see

jaredlll08

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah whoever came up with that Fluxed-Crystals JSON file is just...well.... bad :p
Yea, I heard that the person who came up with those terrible files is added entity spawning on crystal harvest and is planning on doing potion effects on crystal harvest...
(I just got an idea, you could make a crystal that gives people water breathing, then have some quest that needs you to go underwater and then have the crystals as a sort of pit stop...)