Coal Ore in Resurrection

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
So I was playing Resurrection for the first time yesterday, when I found some coal ore. But when I tried to mine it, it dropped the ore block instead of a piece of coal. Is this a bug, or is it an intended feature? If it is intended, I really dislike this feature and I think it should be reverted back to normal. I mean, having to use wood to smelt a coal block to get coal to smelt more coal is really overcomplicated and annoying early game, not to mention time- and resource consuming. Plus, it doesn't make sense from a real life geological standpoint.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
resurrection has gregtech, if this is your reaction to something like having to smelt coal blocks, i can't imagine what will happen later.
i would suggest you to change pack

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
what you just said is the definition of gregtech, really overcomplicated and annoying.
Do we *still* have to have this flamebait in GT threads? You don't have to like it, but please stop throwing out your opinion as fact.

Let me quote Greg:
[...] you have to think of what you are doing at which point in Time before actually doing it, in order to not end up as a stupid Worker, who does the same repetitive junk over and over again.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
resurrection has gregtech, if this is your reaction to something like having to smelt coal blocks, i can't imagine what will happen later.
i would suggest you to change pack
I haven't actually used gregtech before (being fairly new to ftb) but if the rest of the mod is this illogical and annoying then I might change packs or at least mess with the configs.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
There's no shame in not liking GregTech. It certainly isn't something for the casual player, especially in a pack that doesn't revert or provide alternatives for the vanilla/early-game changes it makes.

BTW, the reason for dropping the block is that as with other ores, you can double your coal/coal-equivalent fuel output once you build the relevant machinery. That, together with the size of the coal veins, means that once you go mining / set up a quarry over a coal vein, you'll likely have no fuel problems for a long while.

Reactions: Padfoote

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
There's no shame in not liking GregTech. It certainly isn't something for the casual player, especially in a pack that doesn't revert or provide alternatives for the vanilla/early-game changes it makes.

BTW, the reason for dropping the block is that as with other ores, you can double your coal/coal-equivalent fuel output once you build the relevant machinery. That, together with the size of the coal veins, means that once you go mining / set up a quarry over a coal vein, you'll likely have no fuel problems for a long while.
That makes sense, thanks for the advice.