Open Client disconnect when looking at drive from Refined Storage

Savos

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Client disconnect when looking at drive from Refined Storage

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? Whenever I look at this one particular block ( refined storage disk drive ) in my world I get disconnected. From the log, I see Waila in there, but I could be wrong. It's only isolated to that block.

Mod & Version As per 3.0.6 mod list

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/s2uHfJ7e

Is it repeatable? Yes. Just look at the block.

Known Fix Don't look at that one particular block

Edit: I did not upgrade my NVidia drivers.

Savos

Jul 29, 2019
Figured this one out.

When defragging my disks there were some that reacted empty by the disk manipulator but still displayed that there were contents. I put these in the system to store them. That particular disk drive held one disk with all of these on it. The NBT data was too much for it to handle. I removed the erroneous disks and tossed them in a chest. I can now look safely at the disk drive.

Thanks to NolanSyKinsley on IRC for the hint.

Savos

Jul 29, 2019
It happened again so I removed even empty disks. Migrated the data to a new disk and found that there was still contents in the old drive.

I think there's an issue with the nbt data on disks.

V

VeeDubRunner

This may be the same (or similar) problem that I am having with the Colossal chests after the 3.0.6 update. The error in the log says "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Payload may not be larger than 1048576 bytes". Not a Java guy but I can assume this is the NBT data for the interface block. If I am wrong, just ignore my scrub-ness.

Savos

Jul 29, 2019
This happened once more when there was a lot of armor in the system ( enchanted from mob farm ). It's rather annoying.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
wonder if this is related.

I'm currently in a crash loop and cant even break the controller until an admin can teleport me

Attachments

• crash-2017-01-26_16.44.18-client.txt
    36.5 KB · Views: 92
C

Cakedonut

Wanted to add that I am now having this same issue. Also running on 3.0.6. As long as I don't look at my RS drive bay, everything works fine, including the RS system, and I don't crash.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
if you can, break the controller. Then maybe you can attempt to find the offending drive.. Test one at a time away from your base. If the theory stands, you don't need a crash to know you found it. Just get rid of armor, enchanted items and similar.

L

Loweredshadw

I'm pretty sure I'm having this problem as well. Everything seems fine until I look at the RS Drive in my world, then the world shuts down.

jainit

Jul 29, 2019
I had similar error. Every time I looked to RS controller, I got kicked out of my SP server :). I believe it was because of some invalid patterns in my RS crafters caused by E I/O basic processor recipe change in 3.0.6. . Moved player and removed RS controller (MCedit) , removed invalid patterns and everything is OK.

S

SolarEclipz

I must have never gotten my mouse close to my drives.... Until today.. 3.0.6 looking at drives crashes everytime. Sadface.

Great... now in a crash loop........... I cant even get in game.

Actually. I think its the RS Controller and not the drive.

Last edited:

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
I've another in game fix. Power it remotely with Flux network controller and turnoff its power by sending 0 RF. You may even give access to another safe player.

S

SolarEclipz

I've another in game fix. Power it remotely with Flux network controller and turnoff its power by sending 0 RF. You may even give access to another safe player.

Is there a way to control the RF thru the Flux Controller? As of right now it is being powered by a Flux Network. My thought was to try and break the block but cant even look at it. Thankfully I did manage to get back in.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Wireless redstone is lacking in this pack. You can use red string from botania, but its not near as nice as red power related mods used to be and more expensive.

All flux networks do is cut power which works well enough.

A

Adversarius

I am also crashing because of this error. Happened while crafting all the parts for a 16x16x16 RebornStorage crafter. Needed to remove the mod an this way all the ongoing crafting to be able to log in again.