Chunks remaining loaded without chunloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gredik

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm currently playing in a mindcrack pack private server with some other people, and a few days ago i realized that my base is always chunkloaded even without me (or any other player) being in the server. As far as i know, there are no chunkloaders (chickenchunks or railcraft) or quarrys nearby.
I've used the chickenchunk's tool (chunkviewer) and this is what i get:
dmwWojn.jpg

Also i have noticed that not always the same chunks are loaded, some of them load and unload randomly.
I would want to know if there is anything else that can keep a chunk loaded or if this is just a bug.
Sorry for my bad english :p

Xeroproject

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having this problem on the Mindcrack Pack as well since the last update. I've trolled through the config files looking for chunk loading settings that would keep an area loaded. I've tried removing ender chests, portals, farms, anything to get it to stop. Its running my base out of biomass unless I go around, turning off everything before I log out. I'd love to know how to stop this behavior. I had a chunkloader briefly while I was running my quarry overnight a few weeks ago, but I removed it a long time ago.

I have no idea whats keeping my base loaded, I used the chunkloader tool as well with similar results. The entire area around my base is loaded, with no evidence of what is doing it.

-edit- I should add that the quarry was very.....very far away and has since been shut down & removed. There's no way it would still be loading chunks. The area that is loaded looks kinda similar to OPs, its not a perfect square, its square.....ish with some irregularities.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
There's the occasional post where there's mystery items causing chunkloading.

Todate nobody has EVER found it.

Xeroproject

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I found information on it rather sparse, not only here, but the FTB reddit, and any of many searches online in general. I found plenty of problems with chunks not loading, but very little with chunks not unloading. Are there any workarounds for forcing the chunk to unload at exit, or should I start wiring everything up with wireless redstone to a master OFF switch?

Lisn87

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same "issue" with my base in my world in FTB BETA A and I'd never figured out why. I tried to replicate it in my new world, building a setup similiar to the old one and nothing happened. It's Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.