Problem Chunk Loading Lag Spike

MasterShihoChief

Jul 29, 2019
I recently updated my server files to Mindcrack v8 from v7. Ever since updating whenever anyone joins my server or attempts to load any chunks while moving, it spikes the server to 100% and after awhile it crashes the player and server. In the past I have added a few mods to mindcrack but this occurs even after redownloading everything from scratch and running it with a new map.

My server is not really a server per say, but its strong enough to handle a lot of stress and everyone who plays are local and play through gigabit LAN. This shouldnt be happening and I have looked through many threads on here trying to find out what I can do to fix it but nothing works. My comp is an Alienware m18x laptop with dual 580m gpu's and a core i7. Shouldnt really need anymore than that for the number of people on it.

I have posted a copy of the debug and forge log that shows a bunch of root tick taking too long errors. I have no idea how to fix that. Any help on whats causing this and how to fix it is greatly appreciated thanks :)

Attachments

• profile-results-2013-02-06_10.52.16.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ForgeModLoader-server-0.txt
    507.3 KB · Views: 38
  • server.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 43

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Checked your logs, but cant actually see a server crash error. The crash log would be useful as well.

In any case, I have run into this exact same problem. Lag/ crashing when chunk loading/ generating. Its was a problem in v7, but its quite a bit worse in v8. I was able to alleviate the issue somewhat. Now, 2/3 people can explore the map without it lagging too much, and at least the server doesnt crash.

What I did;

1. Removed all plugins. Dont think you have any, but if you do, time to lose them. Although i like BukkitForge, it was too much for the server to poll the mods, the plugins, and chunk generate/ load at the same time. I would recommend ForgeEssentials as a solution. Dynmap should also go if you have it.

2. Pre-generate the map. This can be done two ways. The 1st via BukkitForge and WorldBorder plugins. The 2nd via ForgeEssentials worldborder mod. In both cases you can set a huge border; something with a radius of 20,000, and then proceed to fill the map by pre-generating chunks. You can either do this online, or shut down your server, load your servers map into single player, pre-generate the map there, and then upload the map back to your server.

What you could do (I have not tried these, but some people have had success with them. This will require full access to your server, so if your hosted by a company, you might be out of luck);

3. Try a server.bat script file, using java flags recommended for FTB. You can find one recommendation here

4. Try out nallar's TickThreading mod here

TLDR; remove plugins/ Dynmap, pre-generate the world map. Maybe a modified server.bat script and/ or nallar's TT mod.