Chunk Display

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Mixon

Jul 29, 2019
I use the minimap, but I know that probably isn't the best solution. There is a setting in the minimap menu to turn on chunk boundaries, which will cause the lines to display on the minimap. There is also an option to display slime chunks. Hope that helps

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to display the chunk boundaries?

Rei's MiniMap has a chunk boundaries option to show them, and the F3 menu will list the chunks (it displays them after the x and z coord as "// c: <chunk> (<distance in chunk>).

I use the minimap, but I know that probably isn't the best solution. There is a setting in the minimap menu to turn on chunk boundaries, which will cause the lines to display on the minimap. There is also an option to display slime chunks. Hope that helps
As a note, I do not believe slime chunks work on servers, in case anyone tries this and thinks slime chunks are extremely rare.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
But as a GUI option, is there one? as in, in world viewing[DOUBLEPOST=1361825978][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm sure I saw it on a Direwolf20 SMP season 4 video

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The next version of NEI will actually render lines for the world chunks. You can see Direwolf20 using it in his SMP series to make his new workshop. It's pretty cool how they made the entire thing fit in 2 loaded chunks and made the entire structure aligned on chunk boundaries.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The next version of NEI will actually render lines for the world chunks. You can see Direwolf20 using it in his SMP series to make his new workshop. It's pretty cool how they made the entire thing fit in 2 loaded chunks and made the entire structure aligned on chunk boundaries.

Now THAT sounds excellent indeed! Hopefully there will be an option to have that enabled even if the minimap is not enabled.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Guswut, its for NEI.... just saying.....

Thank you, yes, I see now. I believe the correct phrase to describe my last two posts here would be "durr durr", hahah. I would suggest trying to upgrade your NEI versions without upgrading your Core version, but if that does not work then you should upgrade the core verison. It SHOULDN'T cause any issues with the previous mods. Also, there will likely either be a key change option in the NEI settings for the boundaries so you don't need to use F9. Hopefully!