Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
If you have tab debug in DragonAPI enabled - I think it's on by default - you can hold tab on the ritual altar to see its NBT tags; one of the tags should read something like "multi: xb". If x is 1, the multiblock is correct, otherwise it isn't. Keep in mind that the crappy repeaters only have a range of 16 blocks (if available, a bibliocraft measuring tape set to absolute is really handy here), and just like proper repeaters are very sensitive about unobstructed LOS.

As for the other thing, the block of code here (l221) is presumably to reduce the chance of young entities from being killed before they can react - like, say, the player immediately after logging in. The block of code here (l235) is because Reika really wants to make sure there's no way to avoid the damage... however, if amt happens to be less than originalAmt at this point, like, say if the entity is sufficiently young, it will indeed trigger the anti-anti-damage code and deal the full damage anyway. Good catch.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I found a neat way to use pylons: mob farms! Think about it, nothing except a player with the right ability active can resist the damage from a pylon, and they zap everything. With this in mind, I've decided to see if one could be used as a farm and the answer is...you can! I don't know if they give player-specific drops (like blaze rods), but they kill the hell out of everything they hit.

2016-04-17_12.36.27.png

Its kind of hard to see due to stupid potion particles, but on the right-hand side, I've got an item vacuum being run off a gasoline engine, feeding (via translocator for speed) into an ender chest that's importing drops into my ME network. I added lumen turrets to kind of speed up the process a bit (as well as get some experience out of the deal), and the powered spawner is currently running magma cubes. The vacuum thingie is topped with an ender collector (from XU) to get anything that happens to fall on the other side of the fence so as to keep things from gathering up there when the pylon zaps the occasional squid that spawns.

Oh, and the pylon seems to be able to attack an arbitrarily large number of mobs, making this even cooler than I'd originally anticipated.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I found a neat way to use pylons: mob farms! Think about it, nothing except a player with the right ability active can resist the damage from a pylon, and they zap everything. With this in mind, I've decided to see if one could be used as a farm and the answer is...you can! I don't know if they give player-specific drops (like blaze rods), but they kill the hell out of everything they hit.

Its kind of hard to see due to stupid potion particles, but on the right-hand side, I've got an item vacuum being run off a gasoline engine, feeding (via translocator for speed) into an ender chest that's importing drops into my ME network. I added lumen turrets to kind of speed up the process a bit (as well as get some experience out of the deal), and the powered spawner is currently running magma cubes. The vacuum thingie is topped with an ender collector (from XU) to get anything that happens to fall on the other side of the fence so as to keep things from gathering up there when the pylon zaps the occasional squid that spawns.

Oh, and the pylon seems to be able to attack an arbitrarily large number of mobs, making this even cooler than I'd originally anticipated.
Lumen turrets clear all drops.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Prolly a good thing I removed them shortly after this pic, then. The XP drops were going nuts, anyway. Oh, quick question while I got ya, Reika, is there an upper limit on how much XP an item vacuum can store?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not in practicality.
Wicked!

Hmm...just had an interesting thought for the pylon mob farm: instead of a spawner, use cursed earth. Get a wider variety of drops and spread your spawning over a larger area. Might test that when I get home later today, assuming I don't have any homework or anything that needs doing.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya.

Progressing slowly in chromaticraft and I just love the mod. Alot of thinking involved and testing what stuff do.

So, still I'm here with a question (searching the last half hour of all possible word combination in google and forum-search didn't bring any results :( ):
I'm wondering if in later chromaticraft there is an easier way of creating these special ingots, or does every ingot always take 1 bucket of liquid chroma?

At the moment I'm having some Zambarau cave crystals to slowly collect chroma, but I'm wondering if I should actually plan a big "kill them yourself" mobfarm to get exp faster, so I can actually pay all the chroma I need. (Havn't used a mobfarm in forever, so before I plan and build one I wanted to ask here first, if that's actually needed or if later it gets easier to get these ingots)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Heya.

Progressing slowly in chromaticraft and I just love the mod. Alot of thinking involved and testing what stuff do.

So, still I'm here with a question (searching the last half hour of all possible word combination in google and forum-search didn't bring any results :( ):
I'm wondering if in later chromaticraft there is an easier way of creating these special ingots, or does every ingot always take 1 bucket of liquid chroma?

At the moment I'm having some Zambarau cave crystals to slowly collect chroma, but I'm wondering if I should actually plan a big "kill them yourself" mobfarm to get exp faster, so I can actually pay all the chroma I need. (Havn't used a mobfarm in forever, so before I plan and build one I wanted to ask here first, if that's actually needed or if later it gets easier to get these ingots)
If nothing else, it couldn't hurt. Having a goodly amount of liquid chroma on hand will come in handy later. Also, if you've got RotaryCraft installed, I highly recommend storing at least some of your chroma reserves in a reservoir. You can use them like chroma puddles, but it not only makes alloying easier (more than one bucket per block), but it also seems to make it and boosting shards much faster. I think there's a way, in-mod, to automate this stuff, but I have yet to figure out how it works.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
If nothing else, it couldn't hurt. Having a goodly amount of liquid chroma on hand will come in handy later. Also, if you've got RotaryCraft installed, I highly recommend storing at least some of your chroma reserves in a reservoir. You can use them like chroma puddles, but it not only makes alloying easier (more than one bucket per block), but it also seems to make it and boosting shards much faster. I think there's a way, in-mod, to automate this stuff, but I have yet to figure out how it works.

Thanks for the hint. The pack has only chromaticraft (still searching a good one for me to actually seeing/testing rotary-/reactor-/electriccraft).
Guess it's time to search for ways to make a nice mobfarm where I don't have to stand around and which hopefully collects xp. The reason I hardly make mobfarms is because I dislike being idle while playing, heh.

Would be great if there was another way to make them in later-game of chromaticraft. I first thought this infusion-stand-multiblock had something to do with it, but while googling I found out it seems to have other uses. Still collecting the chroma for creating it, to see what it does.

[edit]

What is better than finding a rainbow tree...
eTp23sF.png
... finding two at the same place! :D

The chunks were loaded in the newest version. Found a few rainbow trees in the map, this happened only once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Also, there is another way in which to boost alloying output. Read the given information.

Thank you for the hint :)
Guess I'm not far enough advanced to have gotten this information. But I'm glad there is something.
Will find it surely, I'm one of the people who reads everything I get my hands on to read in such manuals :] (of course understanding everything is another thing, but I'm working on this aspect)

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
Dang, Reika. That Lumen Motar kicks serious butt... Does each defense tower have separate abilities depending on how you build it? Like if you build it one way, you get a holy-flaming Kamir ball o' doom. Build it a different way, you get a Ruzova Railgun. Yet another way, you have the potakalli laser beam of doom. and so on.

How much of a coder's nightmare's nightmare would that be to implement?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dang, Reika. That Lumen Motar kicks serious butt... Does each defense tower have separate abilities depending on how you build it? Like if you build it one way, you get a holy-flaming Kamir ball o' doom. Build it a different way, you get a Ruzova Railgun. Yet another way, you have the potakalli laser beam of doom. and so on.

How much of a coder's nightmare's nightmare would that be to implement?

I don't think it'd be much more of a pain than the crystal lasers, since they all have unique effects. Doing completely different things, though...dunno. I've never looked into that particular bit of mod knowledge.

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it'd be much more of a pain than the crystal lasers, since they all have unique effects. Doing completely different things, though...dunno. I've never looked into that particular bit of mod knowledge.
Just remember that - if he thinks it's a good idea - Reika has to code 16 more multiblock configurations and 15 more types of projectiles. I'd understand if he takes this on more slowly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember that - if he thinks it's a good idea - Reika has to code 16 more multiblock configurations and 15 more types of projectiles. I'd understand if he takes this on more slowly.
Aye, likewise. Though, if you think about it, the final casting table (the one with the repeaters) is kinda similar, since you need one of each colour repeater to get things to go properly. Wouldn't really be doable if you stored every single possible configuration, since that'd be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2.09x10^13 (factorial 16) combinations. Doing something similar to what's done with the casting thingie would probably be best, and then all you'd have to do is check that, 1) you use all the same runes, and 2) what colour the runes are, then adjust accordingly.

At least, that's how I'd tackle it.

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't like the current option of these dinky little lumen turrets that shoot little peas of energy at mobs (at a supremely stupid rate due to the overclocking power of the Tile Accelerator)that do little to no damage on armored targets or fail to target certain mobs. (Got to call a spade a spade here, Vazzki is one creative modder.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just don't like the current option of these dinky little lumen turrets that shoot little peas of energy at mobs (at a supremely stupid rate due to the overclocking power of the Tile Accelerator)that do little to no damage on armored targets or fail to target certain mobs. (Got to call a spade a spade here, Vazzki is one creative modder.)
Lumen Turrets are designed for low-level defence, not boss farms.