Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I believe those three markers are referring to, in order of appearance:
  1. Sending pylon energy to a consumer (usually your casting area).
  2. Crafting an elemental core (1 of each elemental stone and binding crystal, tier 3 recipe).
  3. Craft a lumen storage crystal (requires an elemental core and boosted shards).

I

ItsVeggiehead

I believe those three markers are referring to, in order of appearance:
  1. Sending pylon energy to a consumer (usually your casting area).
  2. Crafting an elemental core (1 of each elemental stone and binding crystal, tier 3 recipe).
  3. Craft a lumen storage crystal (requires an elemental core and boosted shards).

Thanks for the reply but as I said in the post, I do not have the recipe to craft these items. I know what to do in order to progress but I can not due to some recipes, namely the core recipes, not being visible to me. Not only that, but apparently at this stage of chromaticraft, I should have recipes for item fabricator and infusion stand and what ever else is in that block of recipes in the book, but I dont. Any other ideas?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply but as I said in the post, I do not have the recipe to craft these items. I know what to do in order to progress but I can not due to some recipes, namely the core recipes, not being visible to me. Not only that, but apparently at this stage of chromaticraft, I should have recipes for item fabricator and infusion stand and what ever else is in that block of recipes in the book, but I dont. Any other ideas?

Explore and look for info fragments. Desert burrows are probably your best bet.

I

ItsVeggiehead

Explore and look for info fragments. Desert burrows are probably your best bet.

Thanks for the reply but like I stated in the original post and restated below, I have put blank info fragments in my inventory and nothing happens.

So I am stuck on the progression. The server I am on uses v11b. I am currently on the progression "Broadcasting" "Elemental Core" and "Lumen Storage". I cant finish any of these progression because the cores recipes are not known to me so I cannot craft these items. Also, according to some other people on the server, I am missing the multiblock casting recipes like item fabricator, infusion stand, and what ever else is in that block. I have flipped through blank fragments and nothing happens. I have a tier 3 casting table and i have done crafting with the item stand like inventory warp etc... And i have tried crafting one of every item that I can including ingots and seeds etc... I have noticed that I cannot see some of the chromaticraft stones. More specifically 2 stones, 1 nether rack, and 1 end stone. Not sure if that helps or not. The server has 3 other people who have gotten to end game of chromaticraft and all of them have no idea what went wrong when i was progressing through. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Just to be clear to anyone else reading this post, I have done all prior progression.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Infusion stand...that sounds like you might be missing boosted shards or stepping into chroma. Failing that, have you made all the cores up to a crystal star? I believe those are also part of the progression.

I

ItsVeggiehead

Infusion stand...that sounds like you might be missing boosted shards or stepping into chroma. Failing that, have you made all the cores up to a crystal star? I believe those are also part of the progression.

I have made boosted shards, but not every color boosted shard. I also have stepped in liquid chroma and made the crystal clusters up to the crystal star. And yea those are part of the progression to get to where i am right now.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aight, just making sure. Lemme see...maybe make/use the wood repeaters? That's the icon related to the "use energy" entry in my book, so its likely related.

I

ItsVeggiehead

Aight, just making sure. Lemme see...maybe make/use the wood repeaters? That's the icon related to the "use energy" entry in my book, so its likely related.

Sorry I dont seem to see these wood repeaters, could you tell me which line it falls under and the grouping it goes in? For example item casting stand is under the line constructs and grouping rune crafting

I

ItsVeggiehead

These are my recipes I can do so far. I have the cores and repeater recipe but thats only because someone on the server gave me the info fragment. But the casting table wont let me craft the repeater and only shows up as a red circle with a slash through it. So i am still missing something. I have also included my progression. Maybe this will help.

As you can see, I am missing a bunch of multiblock casting recipes

http://imgur.com/a/lZ581
http://imgur.com/a/ugYeG

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sorry I dont seem to see these wood repeaters, could you tell me which line it falls under and the grouping it goes in? For example item casting stand is under the line constructs and grouping rune crafting
This is because you are using an old version, and any and all advice you have been given is inaccurate for you. This is why old versions get no support.

B

Byron Krane

I have been unable to figure out how to test if the lumen repeaters (the small versions, with a 2-block structure) are connected to something, or to get the progression associated with them. I also am unsure if my ritual table multiblock was built correctly... What should I be testing?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have been unable to figure out how to test if the lumen repeaters (the small versions, with a 2-block structure) are connected to something, or to get the progression associated with them. I also am unsure if my ritual table multiblock was built correctly... What should I be testing?
Their connectivity test was only implemented in v13.

B

Byron Krane

Their connectivity test was only implemented in v13.
Thank you, I see. Does this mean I need to cheat in the progression to continue with the mod, or is there something else I should be doing?

B

Byron Krane

The repeaters still work, just...not easy to use.
Ah, okay, misparsed your statement. Could you let me know what I should be trying for progression/to unlock the real repeaters? Been stuck on this for the last few days, would rather move on to doing interesting things.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Ah, okay, misparsed your statement. Could you let me know what I should be trying for progression/to unlock the real repeaters? Been stuck on this for the last few days, would rather move on to doing interesting things.
I think the initially intended thing was to set up a ritual altar and enough crappy repeaters to unlock pylon surge protection, though any other energy consumer available at that level will probably suffice.

B

Byron Krane

I see. I'm having trouble getting the repeaters to connect to the ritual altar (but maybe they have and I'm not realizing it, or the multiblock is just wrong.)

Edit: I'm fully expecting to be told I'm an idiot on this one, but I was reading through the pylon damage code (so that I had a reply to people who kept claiming they "died to a bug" after getting rapid-fired by one, as people I've played with have consistently done.)
In ChromaAux.java, the "if taperNew" block starting at l221 seems to do very little, because the damage is reset to originalAmt in l235. This doesn't seem intended.

Last edited: