Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure countblocks needs it in the format blockid#metadata and not the more common blockid:metadata. It tells you in the ingame help for the command, assuming that was actually what you entered though I think that's why the command didn't report what you expected, you didn't give it what you thought you did.

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
Youre right. Though i had the formatting right when trying. I doublechecked placing a cheated instance from NEI. Neitherless I really apprechiate all the help im getting. I hope I can move on soon :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I'm aware of, no. I've used it before when trying to figure out where I was stuck, and it didn't get rid of what I'd already attianed.

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
/chromaresearch -3
Code:
[17:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player research:
[17:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Level CHARGESELF
[17:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Fragments: [CHROMA, ITEMSTAND, LAMPCONTROL, MUSIC, CRYSTALS, RITUALTABLE, TRANSITION, REPEATERSTRUCT, CAVELIGHTER, STRUCTURES, ORES, DUSTS, PYLONS, GROUPS, ELEMENTS, EXCAVATOR, RITUAL, RUNES, SELFCHARGE, FINDER, COLLECTOR, BURROW, BULKMOVER, ENCHANTER, PYLONPROTECT, PATH, LINKTOOL, ASPECT, OWNERKEY, LENS, USINGRUNES, MULTITOOL, LAMP, DYELEAVES, OREPICK, SHARDS, RAINBOWLEAVES, LAMPAUX, TURBO, CHROMAFLOWER, DOOR, TURRET, CAVERN, GLASS, TRANSMISSION, PYLON, ALLOYS, FRAGMENT, CASTING1, CRYSTALLAMP, CRAFTING, DOORKEY, LILY, STORAGE, HEATLAMP, CASTING2, SEED, BREWER, DESERT, COLORALTAR, BERRIES, APIRECIPES, CRYSTALSTONE, GLOW, OCEAN, BALLLIGHTNING, INVLINK, WAND, PENDANT, CASTTABLE, RFDISTRIB, ORESILK]
[17:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Can step to MULTICRAFT: false && true
[17:58:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Missing research for CHARGESELF: []

/chromaprog -3
Code:
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Progress for Netzgeist:
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [RAINBOWFOREST, KILLMOB, DYETREE, BREAKSPAWNER, CRYSTALS, BEDROCK, PYLON, RAINBOWLEAF, BALLLIGHTNING, SHOCK, CHARGE, NETHER, TWILIGHT, DESERTSTRUCT, KILLWITHER, END, KILLDRAGON, ALLCOLORS, CASTING, BURROW, RUNEUSE, MULTIBLOCK, OCEAN, CHROMA, CAVERN, DIE]
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Elements for Netzgeist:
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [WHITE, BLUE, CYAN, GREEN, PINK, BROWN, YELLOW, LIGHTBLUE, BLACK, MAGENTA, LIME, LIGHTGRAY, ORANGE, PURPLE, RED, GRAY]
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Structure Flags for Netzgeist:
[17:59:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] []

Last edited:

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
There is no explicit progress flag for making Chromastone.
Thanks for the info. May you also provide me with a hint on howto progress? Im stalled, chatting for 3 days now. Immersion is not a topic anymore for me

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question: could I use lumen turrets to make a mob farm? I'm looking for something a bit...different for a cursed earth farm, but I dunno if they'd get drops that are only acquired by player kills.

[ETA]

That's very odd, Midoge...going by what you've posted, your next step should be the crafting of repeaters and the final casting structure. It says you're missing research for CHARGESELF, which appears related to drawing power from a pylon with the manipulator, but you couldn't have gotten as far as you have without doing so. Getting the DIE progress element means you've found one of each colour pylon and drained them.

Maybe try /chromaresearchdebug levels and/or /chromaresearchdebug fragments? They might give more clues as to what, exactly, you're missing.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've got a question: could I use lumen turrets to make a mob farm? I'm looking for something a bit...different for a cursed earth farm, but I dunno if they'd get drops that are only acquired by player kills.
They do.

Getting the DIE progress element means you've found one of each colour pylon and drained them
Untrue.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

Neat! This should be interesting, then...

Don't you need to charge a few thousand lumens total to get the "Painful Loss" thing, though? Since the initial cap on each starts at 24, and only increases once every colour has reached the cap, then that means you have to increase the cap at least once to get the achievement, since maxing all 16 colours the first time only nets you 384 total lumens. It might not be a strict, coded-in requirement, but that's how it turns out, or at least that's how it appears to turn out.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Don't you need to charge a few thousand lumens total to get the "Painful Loss" thing, though? Since the initial cap on each starts at 24, and only increases once every colour has reached the cap, then that means you have to increase the cap at least once to get the achievement, since maxing all 16 colours the first time only nets you 384 total lumens. It might not be a strict, coded-in requirement, but that's how it turns out, or at least that's how it appears to turn out.
That does not necessitate totally draining the pylons - especially once recharging comes into play - and the wording of your initial post implied it was the pylon draining itself that gave the progress.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That does not necessitate totally draining the pylons - especially once recharging comes into play - and the wording of your initial post implied it was the pylon draining itself that gave the progress.

Ohhhhh...sorry bout that. Stupid vague wording...

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
...Maybe try /chromaresearchdebug levels and/or /chromaresearchdebug fragments? They might give more clues as to what, exactly, you're missing.

Tried both. returns void. Checked clientlog, serverlog; Also tried them while in debugmode(/debugtest) and while in creative mode.

I really appeciate all of your help, RavynousHunter(!), but you dont need to help further.

Im stuck for more than a full week now. Im asking here for help, providing as much context as I can for 5 days now. This is not how mods should work in my taste and Im not entertained. Reika is here daily, reads my postings and stays silent so he may think my situation is acceptable or disregardeable. Chromaticraft and DragonAPI are getting removed from my pack on my next update. Wish you all the best!

U

UNG_God

Just reporting an odd thing that happened to me on my lp, well i had the item physics mod, and i wasnt able to make any kind of chroma alloying, but i was able to make boosted crystals, after i removed the said mod, the chroma alloy can be made normaly. So something on the code make them react diferent, i believe it is because alloy actualy consume the liquid chroma while the previous dont. And just to mention, i could make AE2 flux shards normaly.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Tried both. returns void. Checked clientlog, serverlog; Also tried them while in debugmode(/debugtest) and while in creative mode.

I really appeciate all of your help, RavynousHunter(!), but you dont need to help further.

Im stuck for more than a full week now. Im asking here for help, providing as much context as I can for 5 days now. This is not how mods should work in my taste and Im not entertained. Reika is here daily, reads my postings and stays silent so he may think my situation is acceptable or disregardeable. Chromaticraft and DragonAPI are getting removed from my pack on my next update. Wish you all the best!
I have not replied because I have no information for you. This is in part due to the fact that I redesigned the middle of the progression system for v11 and as such anything I post will be either useless to you or promptly out of date. Your response, however, does nothing to make me want to provide further help.

Just reporting an odd thing that happened to me on my lp, well i had the item physics mod, and i wasnt able to make any kind of chroma alloying, but i was able to make boosted crystals, after i removed the said mod, the chroma alloy can be made normaly. So something on the code make them react diferent, i believe it is because alloy actualy consume the liquid chroma while the previous dont. And just to mention, i could make AE2 flux shards normaly.

It is breaking EntityItem behavior.

U

UNG_God

I redesigned the middle of the progression system for v11

That is cool. so we might have a more stepy progression than the current jumpy one.

I had some troubles with the progression while recording, at some point i did all i could on the progress tab and was crafting everything i could, but nothing new, then something triggered the progress, something that i wasnt sure to help the progression, the one that comes to mind was finding a rainbow forest (also got the energy ball at same time), later on i found a crystal shire and got some rune, those runes was required to make the "ore locator" ( i forgot the name) but it had a X on it, so i gave up and crafted another rune for a seed, then when i placed it, i got the weak foci.
At moment i am having issues with the high use of tahara shards, they are consumed alot more than any other shard, even farming shards dont help much (because i end getting more seeds than shards anyway, as a side note, the meta data of crafted seeds and dropped are diferent) , is at those times, i wished we could make shard using the same method to boost crystal, where we purify any crystal to get raw, and infuse it with essenced liquid chroma (that is prob not how it is called). I am keeping the runes for crafting on place even after crafted, it is starting to get messy, i wonder if we could replace the runes for the multichromic runes, so no need to changed them (it dont seens to need anyway, but looks strange to have all that runes set up).
I am waiting for v11 and the fix on the end, i had not go there yet, and i am missing only about 22 pages, however, when i have alot of blank pages on my inventory, it start giving me lagspikes. Also did not found any ocean temple, just unlucky?
I just did the relay system, and it is amazing the way it is, i watched some old videos, and doing it now is alot more "easy".
I still dont know how we are suposed to make so much liquid chroma, i am playing with CHC without any other Reikas mods, so there isnt a way to easy create xp aside zambarau , so alot of AFK .
I had some odd things happening, did not completely break game, but is frustating; the lexicom forgets where it was saved very frequently; the ore harvester did not always silk touch ores, and dont silk other stuff (like grass or crystals), for something using diamonds and emeralds, to not work and lasting less than an iron tools, is not worthy. What is the point of chroma tank recipe,if the controler to actualy make and use it is one tier above? there is also other recipes that have the same problem, can be crafted at "lower" tier than what is required to mount or make them work. And when i said lower tier i mean progression to unlock it, not the place it is crafted okay.
Sorry about the long text, i tried to play rotary+ others, but CHC got most of my interested, and seeing it dont required any other reikas mods, i decide to make a focus on it, since there is very little videos on it, has been fun, a little tricky, but fun.