Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The BM bound armour thing is intentional, though the negative values thing seems like an accident.
That's actually on BM's side. Reika set the drain pretty high, so since the LP network doesn't know the source, it defaults to the standard action to recover what's lost--by way of the player's health.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually on BM's side. Reika set the drain pretty high, so since the LP network doesn't know the source, it defaults to the standard action to recover what's lost--by way of the player's health.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
That's what I thought I remembered too, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, heh. In any case yeah, I believe it's up to WayOfTime to fix this if indeed he wishes to mess with it at all.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Uh.... Reika, you may have set the spawn rate of sandy burrows a bit too high.

I found 13 of them in one desert. As cool as it was to get pretty much all the fragments and tons of other goodies, it is a lil bit OP.

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika,
I have a problem with progression in Chromaticraft.
I am stuck at the lumen storage/ broadcasting/ unity of the elements stage and i crafted everything i can.
Also I have a lot of blank info fragments, but they won't reveal themselves to me :(

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey Reika,
I have a problem with progression in Chromaticraft.
I am stuck at the lumen storage/ broadcasting/ unity of the elements stage and i crafted everything i can.
Also I have a lot of blank info fragments, but they won't reveal themselves to me :(
Use the progress tab to see what you might be able to do next. I know for a fact you have not used at least one core block.

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted the core things all a second time, and after i build the casting stand again, it worked,
although i already have a full working casting temple.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I can't craft anything that uses the Item Casting Stands - I have a Casting Temple built and the items appear in the Casting Table GUI, but when I smack it with the Manipulator it just buzzes. I assume I'm lacking progression?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I can't craft anything that uses the Item Casting Stands - I have a Casting Temple built and the items appear in the Casting Table GUI, but when I smack it with the Manipulator it just buzzes. I assume I'm lacking progression?
A silly question perhaps, but did you place down an item stand for every single spot that should hold one? I initially only did the first ring of stands myself before learning that you had to have both the inner and outer ring of stands present.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
A silly question perhaps, but did you place down an item stand for every single spot that should hold one? I initially only did the first ring of stands myself before learning that you had to have both the inner and outer ring of stands present.

I seem to remember that I started out with that and it didn't work, so I figured I couldn't do 7x7 crafting yet and got rid of the outer ring. I'll try again, though.

EDIT: Is there supposed to be 1 block or 2 between the rings?

Last edited:

Sigurd Cole

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Reika!

First off, thanks for the new mod! It looks deep and interesting, and I look forward to digging into it!

1) I may have shot myself in the foot. I threw it into Infinity Evolved 2.3.3 (Chromaticraft v10d), and while a lot of things have been clearly working (pylons, ore and plant spawn, dye tree biomes, etc), I'm worried that some others haven't. I haven't found a single sandy burrow or secret burrow (though I did find a buried hollow, which was super cool)!.

I've searched through lot and lots of terrain, flying and on foot, and caught a few YouTube videos to make sure what I'm looking for, but I've come up empty. Is there something that may have interfered with them generating properly?

2) Due to 1), I've ended up powerfully short on info fragments. I'm concerned that having so many mods have skewed the loot tables badly enough that I may, practically, never find enough. I'm many, many hours in and I've found four fragments so far, and it's completely halted my progression. Is there any other recommended way to hunt up info fragments, aside from the structures I'm worried aren't spawning?

3) Alternately, I can try a new dimension. Are Chromaticraft structures blacklisted from RFTools or Mystcraft dimensions, or would that be another path?

Thanks so much!

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Reika!

First off, thanks for the new mod! It looks deep and interesting, and I look forward to digging into it!

1) I may have shot myself in the foot. I threw it into Infinity Evolved 2.3.3 (Chromaticraft v10d), and while a lot of things have been clearly working (pylons, ore and plant spawn, dye tree biomes, etc), I'm worried that some others haven't. I haven't found a single sandy burrow or secret burrow (though I did find a buried hollow, which was super cool)!.

I've searched through lot and lots of terrain, flying and on foot, and caught a few YouTube videos to make sure what I'm looking for, but I've come up empty. Is there something that may have interfered with them generating properly?

You sure that you aren't overlooking them? I ask because in my experience most structures generate fairly commonly, and the only one that has ever given me trouble is the ocean temple.

2) Due to 1), I've ended up powerfully short on info fragments. I'm concerned that having so many mods have skewed the loot tables badly enough that I may, practically, never find enough. I'm many, many hours in and I've found four fragments so far, and it's completely halted my progression. Is there any other recommended way to hunt up info fragments, aside from the structures I'm worried aren't spawning?

3) Alternately, I can try a new dimension. Are Chromaticraft structures blacklisted from RFTools or Mystcraft dimensions, or would that be another path?

Thanks so much!

If you are like me, then sandy burrows will give you all the fragments in short order :p
There are at least 6 sandy burrows in this image alone... and the entire desert had 13 before I just stopped exploring. They are absurdly common in v10.
2016-01-11_08.50.44.png

In the past, crystal burrows usually gave me around a third to a half of my total fragments. They are pretty dang common once you know what they look like on a mini-map mod or if you see the light coming out from one in the night. If that does not work for you, I would try the Twilight Forest. In addition to double ores, double cave crystals, and a being a cool mod anyway: fragments have good chances of being in any dungeon there, and the most lucrative I've seen is a large hollowed hill.

I think the main cause of an info fragment shortage is a diluted loot pool. I have noticed that less fragments tend to spawn when other mods inject their own loot into chests, and this effect is further compounded by the more mods you have. If you do not want to solve this issue because you like the other mods or just are lazy, then you have to rely on the generated structures of CC for info fragments, because they do not get injected loot from many mods.

Last edited:

Sigurd Cole

Jul 29, 2019
You sure that you aren't overlooking them? I ask because in my experience most structures generate fairly commonly, and the only one that has ever given me trouble is the ocean temple.

If you are like me, then sandy burrows will give you all the fragments in short order :p
There are at least 6 sandy burrows in this image alone... and the entire desert had 13 before I just stopped exploring. They are absurdly common in v10.
View attachment 25269

In the past, crystal burrows usually gave me around a third to a half of my total fragments. They are pretty dang common once you know what they look like on a mini-map mod or if you see the light coming out from one in the night. If that does not work for you, I would try the Twilight Forest. In addition to double ores, double cave crystals, and a being a cool mod anyway: fragments have good chances of being in any dungeon there, and the most lucrative I've seen is a large hollowed hill.

I've been searching specifically for sandy and secret burrows, without luck. I need to catch a Youtube of what sandy burrows look like, but I know what secret burrows look like, and I've searched hundreds of plains chunks, and thousands of others, without luck. I've felt kinda hosed on the "look for light at night" tip, because there are so many light sources - AM2 liquid etherium, beehives, Chromaticraft flowers, etc - that it hasn't been a useful indicator

I think the main cause of an info fragment shortage is a diluted loot pool. I have noticed that less fragments tend to spawn when other mods inject their own loot into chests, and this effect is further compounded by the more mods you have. If you do not want to solve this issue because you like the other mods or just are lazy, then you have to rely on the generated structures of CC for info fragments, because they do not get injected loot from many mods.

That's what I've done so far. I found as many info fragments in a single hidden hill in Twilight Forest than I have in my entire overworld playtime. If nothing else I'll do that, and edit in the discovery achievements so my progress isn't gated, but I'd much rather play this mod the way it was intended. Thanks for the tip on CC structures - the one burrowed hollow I found provided two of my four info fragments, before I went to Twilight Forest.

Do they generate in RFTools dimensions, though? It would be useful to know what all is in my toolbox on this one.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching specifically for sandy and secret burrows, without luck. I need to catch a Youtube of what sandy burrows look like, but I know what secret burrows look like, and I've searched hundreds of plains chunks, and thousands of others, without luck. I've felt kinda hosed on the "look for light at night" tip, because there are so many light sources - AM2 liquid etherium, beehives, Chromaticraft flowers, etc - that it hasn't been a useful indicator

I can give you a picture for a sandy burrow:
2016-01-11_12.02.47.png

For the crystal burrows, I can understand with the light pollution why it wouldn't be easy to find one at night. They don't only spawn in plains, in fact most of the ones I have found were in the woodlands and swamp biomes.

That's what I've done so far. I found as many info fragments in a single hidden hill in Twilight Forest than I have in my entire overworld playtime. If nothing else I'll do that, and edit in the discovery achievements so my progress isn't gated, but I'd much rather play this mod the way it was intended. Thanks for the tip on CC structures - the one burrowed hollow I found provided two of my four info fragments, before I went to Twilight Forest.

Do they generate in RFTools dimensions, though? It would be useful to know what all is in my toolbox on this one.

That is real rough. I've been in your position before, but not nearly as bad. A shortage of info fragments drags on the mod for far too long. There is not much you can do about it other than keep exploring and hope you get lucky. I would love Reika to re-implement fragment drops off villagers who die to pylons. Maybe increase the cooldown of that even more or add limits or something because in bigger packs with a ton of custom loot, finding all 150+ fragments is a nightmare.

As for if structures generate in any other dimension, the answer is no. Apparently it was supposed to be a feature but was finicky/buggy and pulled. It was said somewhere in this thread, but I got no specific page number. The most you have available is pylons and that is a config option.

Sigurd Cole

Jul 29, 2019
I can give you a picture for a sandy burrow:

For the crystal burrows, I can understand with the light pollution why it wouldn't be easy to find one at night. They don't only spawn in plains, in fact most of the ones I have found were in the woodlands and swamp biomes.

Thanks a bunch for the pointers! Now I know what to look out for on sandy burrows, and I can concentrate by searches better for crystal burrows.

A lot of my exploration has been removing other light pollution so that I can try to find them, but it's rough with all the tree cover.

That is rough. I've been in your position before, but not nearly as bad. A shortage of info fragments drags on the mod for far too long. There is not much you can do about it other than keep exploring and hope you get lucky. I would love Reika to re-implement fragment drops off villagers who die to pylons. Maybe increase the cooldown of that even more or add limits or something because in bigger packs with a ton of custom loot, finding all 150+ fragments is a nightmare.

As for if structures generate in any other dimension, the answer is no. Apparently it was supposed to be a feature but was finicky/buggy and pulled. It was said somewhere in this thread, but I got no specific page number. The most you have available is pylons and that is a config option.

Aha, I was afraid of that. I'll keep hunting the overworld, but it seems that Twilight Forest may be my more reliable option. Then again, I should go back to the desert and see what I can find!

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Plasmasnake

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
It used to be a config option for pylons to spawn in Mystcraft ages, and the other Chromaticraft things would always spawn; as of v10 this has been replaced with pages, which enable pylons, structures, ores and so forth separately. Unfortunately this feature is currently dysfunctional because the pages' rarities aren't registered with Mystcraft, which makes them impossible to find in sealed notebooks. Reika is waiting for assistance from xcompwiz to fix this, which means it may or may not be fixed in v11.

If you're looking in an RFtools dimension instead, ChC doesn't currently have any integration for that.

Reactions: Plasmasnake

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember that I started out with that and it didn't work, so I figured I couldn't do 7x7 crafting yet and got rid of the outer ring. I'll try again, though.

EDIT: Is there supposed to be 1 block or 2 between the rings?
It's been months since I built mine, so I can't directly answer that. What I CAN say is that I built mine by comparing against the book like most folks, but I also used google image searches to compare against established functional tables. I did have a few issues putting it together, but overall getting the item stands to function proved much easier than getting the actual casting complex built, much less upgraded. Don't even get me started on the madness necessary to create the portal later...

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
It's been months since I built mine, so I can't directly answer that. What I CAN say is that I built mine by comparing against the book like most folks, but I also used google image searches to compare against established functional tables. I did have a few issues putting it together, but overall getting the item stands to function proved much easier than getting the actual casting complex built, much less upgraded. Don't even get me started on the madness necessary to create the portal later...
One look at Google Images told me all I needed to know. The outer ring has to be 1 block higher than the inner one, doesn't it...