Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
It seems it's bypassing it then, unfortunately I have no idea why :(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I wonder if you're getting spams of ball lightning entities for the same reason that there can be several hundred squids over the mob cap in Vanilla- they all spawn at once. The cap is only checked at the start of the mob spawn routine, so the game can keep on spawning mobs as long as there are still places to spawn them that it hasn't checked yet.

Nonetheless, if you're getting tens of thousands of the things, I'd call it a bug. Do they at least drop anything useful?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I had many of them to, not that many thought, and tried to use opis to kill them but couldn't? Don't know if that's anything

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I've found a few different commands to clear them, notably /cofh killall ball :p I still have not actually seen one in person though :\

Looking through Opis and travelling to the balls co-ords usually points to a crystal pylon somewhere, with nothing visible present.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any specific requirement for the ocean temples apart from at the bottom of the sea? Been through a 4000x4000 area and found none.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any specific requirement for the ocean temples apart from at the bottom of the sea? Been through a 4000x4000 area and found none.
None that I noticed. They're very distinctive, but also very rare. I wasn't exaggerating when I said that I went in one direction for probably a solid hour or two just scouring the ocean floor surface from above astride my golden chocobo. The upside is that you'll know it when you've found one. The downside is that they're just so crazy rare. Doesn't matter if it's Ocean or Deep Ocean, as per Reika earlier in the thread, at least.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable the effect from a pylon? The new effect is a lot less eye-rending than the old one, but it's still a little annoying. Tried destroying the pylon, but the effect stays even with nothing left. Couldn't find anything in the config about it either.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there a way to disable the effect from a pylon? The new effect is a lot less eye-rending than the old one, but it's still a little annoying. Tried destroying the pylon, but the effect stays even with nothing left. Couldn't find anything in the config about it either.
Reload the client after breaking it.

And no, there is no config, but if you are seeing full-screen washout, that is a bug related to GPU power I am working on.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Out of morbid curiosity Reika, is there a file generated which stores your personal progress within the mod? My old world got corrupted, though I do have a backup, and I'm considering simply generating a new world to start over with. However, due to the long term nature of your mods, I'd like to be able to port my old progress over into this new world, if that's at all possible. I still have my uncorrupted backup, but was unable to find anything that looked especially relevant within the files contained therein.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Out of morbid curiosity Reika, is there a file generated which stores your personal progress within the mod? My old world got corrupted, though I do have a backup, and I'm considering simply generating a new world to start over with. However, due to the long term nature of your mods, I'd like to be able to port my old progress over into this new world, if that's at all possible. I still have my uncorrupted backup, but was unable to find anything that looked especially relevant within the files contained therein.
It is saved to your player data. I strongly advise against tinkering with it.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
It is saved to your player data. I strongly advise against tinkering with it.
Blast. I'll be taking that advice, no worries there. Is there any other recourse available to me, or do I just need to hope my uncorrupted version remains that way and continue to make backups periodically? This poor old computer of mine has the most trouble with Minecraft, I swear.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Blast. I'll be taking that advice, no worries there. Is there any other recourse available to me, or do I just need to hope my uncorrupted version remains that way and continue to make backups periodically? This poor old computer of mine has the most trouble with Minecraft, I swear.
Backups are you friend. :p