Chinese Characters Spamming the Forums

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The ignore button doesn't work?
I'm not sure what Reddis means either - it works for me! The spam doesn't disappear from the forums, but it disappears for you as the reader, so... *shrugs*

I've been reporting the user rather than the post; if you're not a moderator @Pyure what do you do to clear them up? *Is confused*

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I reported each one of those spam messages (even waited the delay time between posts) and they did not disappear for me... unless they reposted it between the time I reported it and came back to the forums.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure what Reddis means either - it works for me! The spam doesn't disappear from the forums, but it disappears for you as the reader, so... *shrugs*

I've been reporting the user rather than the post; if you're not a moderator @Pyure what do you do to clear them up? *Is confused*
Crazy people upstairs gave me a spam cleaning button. I don't even know.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I reported each one of those spam messages (even waited the delay time between posts) and they did not disappear for me... unless they reposted it between the time I reported it and came back to the forums.
Oh this is a misunderstanding. He wasn't trying to tell you that "reporting" a person "ignores" them, you need to explicitly click that. See the Ignore button below.

upload_2018-8-9_8-51-53.png

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If you click on the posters name it will bring up a window. You can hit Ignore there and it will make their post disappear. Sadly Report here doesn't work like wow...rofl.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There's a set that has been up since sunday... it is now Thursday and they are still there, while others have been scrubbed. Not sure about the logic behind this...