Changing mod pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sevenoaks

Jul 29, 2019
Hi to everyone,

Simple question really, I have a server currently running Tekkit lite and want to convert to FTB

How simple ( or difficult ) is this, and if possible which FTB pack should is use

Thank you for your kind answers with this.

P.S. i installed Tekkit lite before i knew about FTB, if i knew then what i know now i would have opted for FTB
P.P.S. we have a lot of build on the server so starting again would be an emergancy measure only

Thank you

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, duncan managed to convert his tekkit 1.2.5 world into FTB, so I would try to ask on the yogscast forum about how he did it, it might very well be the same steps.

Other than that, be advised that biomes might change, and that you will need to explore new chuncks/dimensions in order to get all the new world gen that might not be in your current mod pack.

I know it doesn't help much, but at least that is a lead.

Reactions: Whovian

MonkeyKiller88

Jul 29, 2019
I have a solution for you if you never got one. I had a tekkit classic server with a few building i wanted to keep that were done in red power.
Step 1. Get a program called mIDas gold which changes block ID's without having to open the world.
Step 2. Manually find the ID's for all the blocks for tekkit and all the blocks for FTB
Step 3. Convert your world and play

^^^^ Super hard and you have problems with not getting all the new biomes/ores.

The way i did it was i converted only the blocks from red power and then cut only the buildings that i wanted to keep, using MCedit. I then pasted them into a fresh FTB generated world. I'll post the red power ID conversions to get you started.

If you do it the way i did, you'll only need to work out the block ID conversions for the blocks you want to copy and not for every single mod, also you get all the new biomes/ores.

Attachments

• tekkitlite to ftb redpower only patch.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 48