Changing Biomes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a wasteland biome right near my house, and I'd like to change it so that the biome changes to anything else (probably plains as a default). I don't care about the actual blocks, I just want the sky and grass color to be normal, while still maintaining changing colors for every other biome (stupidly specific I know).
Is there anyway to cancel out one biome (wasteland) in an already existing world? I'm fine if all the other wastelands change too.
Thanks for the help

Zach

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably have to use a mod like mc edit to remove the chunks that the wasteland is in and then change their biom type to plains and then simply logging back in should regenerate the chunks as plains, it might mess up how those chunks meet with the surrounding chunks also.

Reactions: Cosmology27

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from editing the map, the only thing in MC (that I know of) that can change the biome is the Tree of Transformation from the Twilight Forest. It'll change it to a "Magic Grove" or something, so you can't choose. It's often used to force a biome into being normal/normal for bee purposes.

Reactions: Cosmology27

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that terraforming only changes the blocks, not the biome itself.

I remember that in 1.2.5 the mushroom biome one DID change the biome.
There is the massive problem with it though, how it would make mushrooms grown on top of mushrooms.....
So strange......

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I remember that in 1.2.5 the mushroom biome one DID change the biome.
There is the massive problem with it though, how it would make mushrooms grown on top of mushrooms.....
So strange......
Mushrooms on mushrooms on mushrooms (on mushrooms...)

Something tells me that some people would be happy with so many mushrooms.

Reactions: Pokefenn

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Tree of Transformation - when it grows it will slowly change the biome around it to Enchanted Forest, block by block. It's slow, and doesn't affect actual blocks, but its the only in game way to change the biome. You can then use a terraformer to change blocks