Changelogs ??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Stuey74

Jul 29, 2019
Why are change logs not kept up to date I understand that there are times that its hard and may be delayed on releases by a couple days, but releasing multiple versions without actual documentation really?

Direwolf pack is yet to have a change log for 1.5.0 but they have 2 more versions released.
Infinity change logs go as far as 1.6.2.... they are past the 1.8 version yet no change logs.

No malice intended if your needing help in keeping that side up to date, maybe ask the community for it instead of just releasing versions and not give any form of change log to tell those what changes are being made. We ain't mushrooms we don't like living in the dark especially server owners that are needing those to see if updating is worth it or it contains fixes for a ongoing issue in the current version.

Stuey74

Jul 29, 2019
was using your forum redirect in modpacks forum which takes you to this site might be a idea to fix the forum redirect you have then if its changed to prevent further confusion. Thanks for letting me know it had changed had been so used to using your forum redirect.

https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
That one is also not updated by the way, it still has 1.7.0 as the current version of Infinity. And it still lack any detail at all of what really was changed other than saying the new mod versions.

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite part of the Atlassian was that the specific changes in the mod versions were listed; now I have to troll through the actual mod's websites to find changelogs. I know, I know. Lazy, right? But if that could be done before, why can't it be done now? Knowing the new versions is one thing, but is actually useless without details on what changed in the mod.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite part of the Atlassian was that the specific changes in the mod versions were listed; now I have to troll through the actual mod's websites to find changelogs. I know, I know. Lazy, right?

But wanting modpack specific changelogs is not lazy at all.

These modpack creators don't leave mod settings at default. So making us rely on the mod authors changelogs is useless, as the modpack authors tweaks to the mod ARE NOT listed anywhere currently.

We need pack specific changelogs so we know which mod tweaks may be causing conflicts/misbehaving of the modpacks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Kinda have to agree. The new site seems rather inferior, messy and confusing to use.

Reactions: GreenZombie

jacyawesome

Jul 29, 2019
What site are you using? We changed it not long ago.

Edit: This is the new site. Click your pack and the logs appear: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks
upload_2015-11-7_12-34-12.png

How exactly do I find the change logs?

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
How exactly do I find the change logs?
Click on the file as if you would download it, it appears to send you to another page where you can download it AND view the changelogs. I do have to say that its not really an intuitive design.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I certainly wouldn't think of that... I usually look for changelogs as I'm already having the launcher update the pack! Why would I think of downloading the .zip file to get changelogs?

Last edited:

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
I may have worded it slightly incorrect:
jjl1qIU.png

Click the hyperlink, not the small download button.
Still, its not really clear how to get to changelogs.