Change seed? Help please.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
Got FTB downloaded on my server, where do I go to change the seed!?[DOUBLEPOST=1361670034][/DOUBLEPOST]Every time I change the seed in console it comes up with regular vanilla seeds...

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you have to change it from client, console or through accessing the FTP files...I don't believe it works like that man.

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to find an FTP manager for my mac. I can't download filezilla because I can't access the page. If anyone could find an alternate download for that, that would be great! Otherwise, does anyone else have some other good FTP managers for the mac?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to find an FTP manager for my mac. I can't download filezilla because I can't access the page. If anyone could find an alternate download for that, that would be great! Otherwise, does anyone else have some other good FTP managers for the mac?

To confirm, this link does not work: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pr...hp?type=client&ts=1361680582&use_mirror=voxel

Try this link as well: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fil....0.2_i686-apple-darwin9.app.tar.bz2/download#

If neither of those work, reply to my post (quote me so I get an alert) and I will upload a copy of the latest version for you.

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019

I got it to download :)

So now I have a new problem...I can't connect in Filezilla. I am at my multicraft FTP manager and it gives me my username, ip, port, and the password empty for me to fill. ( I know the password ). That works! But when I put it in Filezilla it doesn't.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

So now I have a new problem...I can't connect in Filezilla. I am at my multicraft FTP manager and it gives me my username, ip, port, and the password empty for me to fill. ( I know the password ). That works! But when I put it in Filezilla it doesn't.

Well, I'm not going to ask you for that information (nor should you give it to anyone that does!), so I cannot test it for you. What I would suggest is contacting your server provider, and asking them for some assistance on FTP access. Also, you can normally leave the port blank (unless they've given you a non-standard port [not 21, or 22 for SFTP]). Good luck!

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
My service provider is being very lazy :p
Well, I'm not going to ask you for that information (nor should you give it to anyone that does!), so I cannot test it for you. What I would suggest is contacting your server provider, and asking them for some assistance on FTP access. Also, you can normally leave the port blank (unless they've given you a non-standard port [not 21, or 22 for SFTP]). Good luck!

My server provider is being lazy with not getting back to me :p
I just wanna change a simple seed, I can edit the server.propreties in Multicraft, but it's not doing anything...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
My service provider is being very lazy :p

My server provider is being lazy with not getting back to me :p
I just wanna change a simple seed, I can edit the server.propreties in Multicraft, but it's not doing anything...

Ah, you've edited the file? Then what you need to do is remove the SAVE folder (this will REMOVE your current world! You have been warned) to make the server remake the world with the new seed.

Again: Your CURRENT world will be REMOVED.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019

It would be better to include the error log too.

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, you've edited the file? Then what you need to do is remove the SAVE folder (this will REMOVE your current world! You have been warned) to make the server remake the world with the new seed.

Again: Your CURRENT world will be REMOVED.

Here this is what I got:
Screen_Shot_2013_02_23_at_11_10_20_PM.png

What am I supposed to delete?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Here this is what I got:

What am I supposed to delete?

The "world" folder, although, instead of deleting it, be on the safe side and just rename it to "world.OLD". Then turn your server off, and turn it back on (or restart), and it should rebuild the map using the new seed. After you have confirmed that it works, deleted the world.OLD folder if you don't need that world any more.

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
The "world" folder, although, instead of deleting it, be on the safe side and just rename it to "world.OLD". Then turn your server off, and turn it back on (or restart), and it should rebuild the map using the new seed. After you have confirmed that it works, deleted the world.OLD folder if you don't need that world any more.

Okay, so I did what you told me and it made me a new map. It looked normal so I deleted the old file. Then I noticed there was a HUGE segment that was cut off and replaced with water, probably know what that is. Also the world isn't FTB.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I did what you told me and it made me a new map. It looked normal so I deleted the old file. Then I noticed there was a HUGE segment that was cut off and replaced with water, probably know what that is. Also the world isn't FTB.

Ah, I'm sorry, I think I understand more of what you mean. First off, the seed value won't change between vanilla and FTB. To do that, you need to make the ftbserver.jar the file you use to run your server. If you cannot change that in a config file in your hosting console, try this: Stop your server, then rename your minecraft_server.jar to minecraft_server.jar.OLD. Then delete your new world folder (the world that we just made that was vanilla). Then rename your ftblauncher.jar file to minecraft_server.jar. Then start your server again, and see if it loads FTB.

ColeMurphy22

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I'm sorry, I think I understand more of what you mean. First off, the seed value won't change between vanilla and FTB. To do that, you need to make the ftbserver.jar the file you use to run your server. If you cannot change that in a config file in your hosting console, try this: Stop your server, then rename your minecraft_server.jar to minecraft_server.jar.OLD. Then delete your new world folder (the world that we just made that was vanilla). Then rename your ftblauncher.jar file to minecraft_server.jar. Then start your server again, and see if it loads FTB.

Sweet I got it to be FTB, but I am trying to figure out the world now.