Challenges/Goals For FTB Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A goal I particulary like for some reason:

- Make a very OP RFTools dimension and keep it powered.

That should keep you entertained for a while :)

Reactions: JaRyCu

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-

But if you really detest the research that much, it is possible to skip it(I did a couple of times in 1.6.4 after my research had reset due to a common bug) by cheating in the creative Thaumonomonomonicon.

Be aware that if you use the cheat Thauminomicon with a number of addons (such as those in Infinity), the new warp mechanic can easily overpower you and make life hell. This can be fixed via TC cheat commands, but just thought I'd give the heads up.

Basically it unlocks all the research at once, spaming you with all that warp (and the consequences that come with it) while you are left abysmally under prepared.

Reactions: rhn

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Challenge #1: Go the entire game without using cobblestone as a building material.

Challenge #2: Automate production of Pam's Harvestcraft feasts, from farm to table (to culinary generator/Botania mana producer)

Challenge #3: Power a MFR laser drill at full power using nothing but flowers.

Challenge #4: Bees. All of them. No Gendustry.

See the existing 1001 Things to do in Modded Minecraft for more.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how I approached the 'what to do' phase.

I looked at the mod list for the pack and wrote down any of the mods I had not used yet. Then armed with that list I did some vanilla preparations (food source, shelter, collect raw resources) and proceeded to tackle them one after the other.

The one I'm quite happy with discovering is logistics pipes. I had been a student of all things AE2 when I decided I'd done that path to death. Using logistics pipes I suddenly had all these pipes everywhere exposed with stuff sparkling and zipping all around. Sweet. Then came the "BLOW MY MIND" moment when I found out I could also transmit RF Power through the pipes. Woah. Even more sparklies and such. Neato. Specially nice having all those pipes above my head and the floor half slabbed so I didn't need light sources. Really fun.

Of course, I haven't finished my list of mods I've not done stuff with yet, but that's a great place to start if you wanna try new things.

Next one will be RFtools for the dimensions. I think that'll be a lot of fun too. Will force me to build some big reactors finally. :)

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Stone tinkers hammer, take a crafting bench with you while mining to repair with cobble. Upgrade it to have higher durability and fortune
4 gold ore, 4 silver ore. 2 electrum plating. worth the extra effort thrust me.

Challenge #1: Go the entire game without using cobblestone as a building material.

Challenge #3: Power a MFR laser drill at full power using nothing but flowers.
The botania apothecary need cobble stun in the recipe... he can't do that.

And it's not that hard, as long as you have an AE system that can autograph endoflame. look at my orechid in this post (last image) : http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/redwood-power-unleashed.68802/ :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The botania apothecary need cobble stun in the recipe... he can't do that.

Recipe ingredients are not equal to building materials. If you couldn't use cobble as a recipe ingredient, you would have no furnace. I meant that more in the vein of not using cobblestone to build your starter home, or even your base camp in the nether.

New challenge: pick up your bed each morning and travel at least 500m before sleeping again. Extra points if you never retrace your steps. The nomad life will make you appreciate each and every item slot in your inventory.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Build stuff.

You forgot "Do Things" :D

Somewhat seriously, in a humorous way, for me the greatest challenge is waiting for a new pack to play. :)

I delete and create worlds on a nearly daily basis (because I can) to try out new ideas and techniques.

Last edited:
M

Muaht

Something I like to do to keep myself entertained/busy ingame (written as a list):

* Play SP (single player) as if I'm designing the world/s for others, and stick to a theme. For example:
* Use dimension making mods (mystcraft/rftools dimensions etc) and create a diverse set of worlds.
* Make each world have a noticable "culture" (ie; architecture style, implementation of different mods across worlds)
* Example of above: An RF tech world, a EU tech world, a magic world all as separate worlds/dimensions.
* Challenge a creeper to a Greco-Roman wrestling match. Win.
* Make diverse farms in each world, each different according to culture.
* Pick inspiration from various cultures in RL or Sci-Fi/Fantasy to do so if needed.
* Create lore ingame which evolves as the worlds get fleshed out, written in ingame books.
* Create a void age/dimension(s), build huge "spacecraft" of various ingame cultures.

Not a long list, but that will keep you busy.