[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Mini-update: I've added 4 new VIP NPCs: The Professor, the Shaman, the Machinist, and the Farming Guild Leader. I don't have any way of representing them, so use your imagination. These are in addition to the Commandant and the Mining Guild Leader. Together they form Voltron your Village Council. From now on, when I list new Technology and Magic, it will be in the form of the Shaman/Machinist telling you what they've come up with. As you'll see when you read the latest version of Redstone Discovery. It's not done yet, obviously, but these are the upgrades/new versions your people have come up with this stage, which is essentially burning crap to make energy, and storing energy in batteries. in like 5 different kinds of energy. heh.

Basic Solars (and Batboxes)/RP2 Solars/Factorization Charge Solars/Windmill/Watermills/Combustion Engines/Hobbyist Steam Engines will come around next stage, with the first full-on introduction of Steam Power (and Energy Cells/Conduits) the stage after that.

just found a neat mod.

Want to liven up your town? Try the Custom NPCs mod. This is more for the people who feel that their towns are too damn empty, and is not nor never will be a requirement. Depending on how far you want to go, you might want to only have a few people in your town, or make an NPC in every house. If you want to go extreme? Make your town and each of its Outliers different Factions, give VIP NPCs unique skins compared to the villagers, etc.

Can't believe I hadn't seen this before.

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this on SolitaryCraft (a modpack) and i am just starting the wooden settlement stage! Its really fun. I had seen this a while ago, but was adding Biomes o plenty and had some problems, but finally got a stable world :)
how did you add biomes o plenty? I'm also using solitarycraft (added ars magica, and natura manually) I love biomes o plenty much more than extra biomes.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Some pics!

The outside view of my wooden settlement house
2013-05-11_09.46.54.png
My Old dirt hovel
2013-05-11_09.47.18.png
The inside view of my main room
2013-05-11_09.47.36.png
My Work room
2013-05-11_09.47.42.png
The top of my house, also my bedroom
2013-05-11_09.48.06.png

My personal mine, havnt gotten far with it yet
2013-05-11_09.48.14.png

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. The wood house looks very spacious.

I'm in kind of a holding pattern on my kingdom while I wait for a certain opportunity...

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Felt I should share my city plans!

Feed the Beast City Construction Challenge Plot:

Ed1ASIO.jpg

Same view at night currently (End of Wood Age)
B9qKLNe.jpg

And my plans:
kUkNWAf.jpg

Night-time for kicks!
OBReCUX.jpg

DJGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bump this, but there hasn't been an update on here or the wiki for a while now. Did the challenge creator give up?

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys, yeah, haven't posted in about two weeks, but I was getting majorly burned out, and managed to catch myself before I was totally fried. I don't know if this qualifies as "something big", but I'm working on a private 1.5.2 mod pack that can go up on a server to host a bunch of people running this challenge. Might I just say that I hate configs?

As far as permissions for mod packs go, I'm not too worried, because I'm not going to be having a public release. I'd send download links to the people that would be on the server, but probably wouldn't release it much farther than that.

So no, I've not given up, I just couldn't keep up with the fast pace that I had been doing without just getting 100% burned out. I took a break, and will be coming back once I finish up the last one or two configs.

There's a few people I've already invited to join me on the Kingdom Challenge server, and probably won't invite anyone else [to be White Listed] for a little while until we get things settled.

Marshy

Jul 29, 2019
If it ever comes to a point where you're accepting more people, I'd be willing to play if you'll have me. Things seem to be coming along nicely challenge wise I must say. I'm impressed.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
If it ever comes to a point where you're accepting more people, I'd be willing to play if you'll have me. Things seem to be coming along nicely challenge wise I must say. I'm impressed.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd want to. Right now my main concern is space. I'm going to be trying to get around that by teleporting people/having people walk quite a ways away from the spawn/other players, but give them a Dimensional Door that links to a Dimension Nexus, for easy travelling to each other's settlements/cities/kingdoms. Because depending on what version of the challenge you choose to play, you might only need a little space or you might need an insane amount of space.

Also, I'd like to be able to get the vanilla scoreboard working for us, to differentiate teams (or in this case kingdoms/empires).......yeah. there's a fair bit of work to be done before it's ready to be opened up more than it is.

but I would love to get to that point.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the issue with a server is space. I didn't realize how much land you need until I made it to Stone the first time. I marked out what I thought would be a small area for my next expansion. It ended up being over 250 blocks wide once I measured. The final capitol city for most people will likely stretch across several biomes. Especially with the way Maul_Junior keeps adding population requirements. :p

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes don't fret there is plenty of discussion going on behind the scenes and Maul is doing a lot of work to prep!

In the meantime I've been working on my solo project and here is the construction of my Town Hall, please let me know what you all think. Full details of my personal modifications being used to the original City Construction Challenege are in the video description!

Episode 06 - Town Hall Construction

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
Got my clay hovel done, and moving into wood age! Wewt!

20130524154248.png

I'm quite glad I found this challenge to add some creative restrictions and make FTB/ShneekeyCraft more interesting for me.

The first 2 nights (yeah it took me two nights to find an area I wanted) were pretty brutal. But then I happened on a village in a desert (a few hundred blocks away from my hovel location) and I saw this giant tree in the distance.

I've decided to start at least my first settlement built into the tree. Seems appropriate for the wood age.

**Edit**
20130525161443.png

20130525161707.png

I decided to restart with the 1.5.2 No Gregtech pack released, found a VERY similar area and got to a further point. Also found a village not too far away again.

The Thaumcraft light you see on top of my cocoa farm was a prize found in the village. Even though it looks like fire, the Mage in the village assured me it was not hot to the touch.

I also found a bunch of berries, and I've started rows of Raspberry, Blackberry, and Blueberry (been waiting on the single bush I found to finally sprout another block....). These have been my only source of sustenance thus far.

xXicebreakersXx

Jul 29, 2019
This is really cool! I'm definitely going to start this, maybe post some pictures as I go. Hopefully you complete iron village and redstone expansion soon, but I think I kind of have an idea where this is going. That being said, I'll continue it with my own rules for now, if I even get to iron before you update.

VaalDeth

Jul 29, 2019
Got my clay hovel done, and moving into wood age! Wewt!

20130524154248.png

I'm quite glad I found this challenge to add some creative restrictions and make FTB/ShneekeyCraft more interesting for me.

The first 2 nights (yeah it took me two nights to find an area I wanted) were pretty brutal. But then I happened on a village in a desert (a few hundred blocks away from my hovel location) and I saw this giant tree in the distance.

I've decided to start at least my first settlement built into the tree. Seems appropriate for the wood age.

**Edit**
20130525161443.png

20130525161707.png

I decided to restart with the 1.5.2 No Gregtech pack released, found a VERY similar area and got to a further point. Also found a village not too far away again.

The Thaumcraft light you see on top of my cocoa farm was a prize found in the village. Even though it looks like fire, the Mage in the village assured me it was not hot to the touch.

I also found a bunch of berries, and I've started rows of Raspberry, Blackberry, and Blueberry (been waiting on the single bush I found to finally sprout another block....). These have been my only source of sustenance thus far.

Awesome start! Look forward to seeing more from all you guys. My next CCC video should be soon!

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
First off, This challange looks awesome and I gotta say thank you, it's pretty obvious how much work you have done on this so far. Once I get my server updated to 1.5.2 I plan on doling the hard mode of this and I can't wait =D

I only have one question/request for an already swamped person XD, do you have everything in one text file? I want to print all the stages I'm going to use, so I don't have to alt+tab my way in and out of the game. If not I can go through and compile one myself =D... I could use my tablet to look at it but that means no Netflix/Youtube/ect.. =(

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
My god, those Natura redwood trees. I didn't figure on how long it'd take using wood tools to hollow out. Needless to say; much repairing, and collecting of stacks of wood later....

20130526161018.png