[CHALLENGE] Tree Spirit - FTB Redesign

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I came across the Tree Spirit Challenge, and while it's nice, there is so much in FTB packs that can improve on the idea.

I'll be using custom recipes to give me access to items that aren't normally available, as well as getting normal items a different way.

I've only just started working on this (for 1.5+ when its out), so what I'm hoping to get is ideas on a crafting progression and / or rules.

Possible Tree Types: So far only looking at ones that can be grown with a single sapling using bone meal. Some trees would make the challenge harder and others easier.
Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
Twilight Forest: Rainbow Oak, Twilight Mangrove, Sickly Twilight Oak
Extra Biomes: Autumn Oaks, Acacia

No furnace! As a tree spirit I don't believe that I should be burning things. So I'll either add new recipes or have special rules for making a furnace. This isn't to say we can't use technology, it just has to be done differently.
No automatic Tree Farms, at least nothing more then 1 tree at a time.
Roots will be craftable and have be used for anything underground, not logs.
Twilight Forest has a number of natural light sources that I'd rather craft then use torches. (moonworms and fireflies).

Ars Magica has a number of spells that are appropriate, but because we can't explore that much I'll want to be able to craft some of them.
Thaumcraft, with your limited resources you can't be wasting stuff on research, so I need to decide on what to set the research at.
If you use some imagination (or re-texture) even turtles fit the theme. Pretend they are beasts that you learned how to talk to them (lua), and that you have to feed (fuel).