Challenge Denied :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
That was a long in-depth post for something I said in the first post :D lol...it can't be done legitly :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That was a long in-depth post for something I said in the first post :D lol...it can't be done legitly :D

it kind of depends on what modpack you play. I'm sure there are some mods out there who could possibly make this possible, but then comes the point if you could still call it "legit"
you kind of need to set some rules for a challenge like this. for example you can only use a certain way of getting cobble, or make a certain way of getting cobble against the rules.
or a rule to which modpack (modlist) you are allowed to use for this challenge.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
it kind of depends on what modpack you play. I'm sure there are some mods out there who could possibly make this possible, but then comes the point if you could still call it "legit"
you kind of need to set some rules for a challenge like this. for example you can only use a certain way of getting cobble, or make a certain way of getting cobble against the rules.
or a rule to which modpack (modlist) you are allowed to use for this challenge.

well if it were a real challenge I could certainly do that, but anything that would make it possible using a mod I would have to say isn't legit...because it's just not realistic :D

Though a mod similar to compact solars, but called compact igneous extruders would be rather awesome...say a 3x3 crafting of 9 igneous extruders makes a compression extruder that produces compress cobble, the 9 of those makes a double compressor that makes double compressed...

I think I actually like that idea...it would still require the same amount of crafting, but would cause less CPU use on the server when using a vast amount of them...hmm...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well if it were a real challenge I could certainly do that, but anything that would make it possible using a mod I would have to say isn't legit...because it's just not realistic :D

Though a mod similar to compact solars, but called compact igneous extruders would be rather awesome...say a 3x3 crafting of 9 igneous extruders makes a compression extruder that produces compress cobble, the 9 of those makes a double compressor that makes double compressed...

I think I actually like that idea...it would still require the same amount of crafting, but would cause less CPU use on the server when using a vast amount of them...hmm...

I understand your point, but the igneous extruder really isn't a machine meant for a task like that. you'd be better off plopping a quarry down somewhere to get alot of cobble fast then setting up a whole wall of igneous extruders. igneous extruders are more for... beginners who don't have a way of automining yet and need building material, or for people who need sand or gravel but don't want to go outside their base to find it, or for people who just really hate to get obsidian by either manually mining it, or waiting for their mining machine to hit some obsidian

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I understand your point, but the igneous extruder really isn't a machine meant for a task like that. you'd be better off plopping a quarry down somewhere to get alot of cobble fast then setting up a whole wall of igneous extruders. igneous extruders are more for... beginners who don't have a way of automining yet and need building material, or for people who need sand or gravel but don't want to go outside their base to find it, or for people who just really hate to get obsidian by either manually mining it, or waiting for their mining machine to hit some obsidian

or for people who are doing this as just some random fun thing to do and want it to be a complete passive process without the worry of moving a quarry around. Plus...a full powered quarry doesn't produce anywhere near the 500 cobble per second that my extruders produce.

A quarry is not a valid method of doing this project...as someone mentioned a few posts above, you'd have to mine about 1/3 of the area of a max sized world to get the amount of cobble you need (though...neither active mining nor extruders are going to work to get a full dsu of octuple in any reasonable time frame...so it's really a moot point)

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
In an earlier DW20 ForgeCraft series, Soaryn built I believe about 512 igneous extruders to feed the scrap demand for UUM.

I do ponder a new challenge though. How fast could one fill up a max steel RC tank with liquid UU...?

Have to wait for 1.6 pack release to explore. :)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
This is where you write a turtle program on a superflat world to:

(a) Move a quarry around with tesseract'd energy/items, running at maximum speed
(b) Continue a pattern of igneous extruder + water bucket + lava bucket + item movement system (modulated so it can be repeated by a turtle, infinite times)

Using the resources gained by the quarry, the turtle will continuously make igneous extruders (or an AE system), place them along the endless row of igneous extruders that it had placed before, add lava/water and item movement system. Theoretically, this system will expand in on itself and can be made to provide exponential growth of cobble income.

Additionally, you might need turtles to expand your cobble compression station.

Once you have bought your 20822312 core computer and spent 100-200 hours, creating and testing the turtle programs, I think you'll have a viable set up to achieve this within a few years. Turtles creating/programming more turtles as the resources come in? Think about it, think about it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
or for people who are doing this as just some random fun thing to do and want it to be a complete passive process without the worry of moving a quarry around. Plus...a full powered quarry doesn't produce anywhere near the 500 cobble per second that my extruders produce.

A quarry is not a valid method of doing this project...as someone mentioned a few posts above, you'd have to mine about 1/3 of the area of a max sized world to get the amount of cobble you need (though...neither active mining nor extruders are going to work to get a full dsu of octuple in any reasonable time frame...so it's really a moot point)

but will you get the mod developer to agree with you and think it's a good idea to add a machine like that? I don't think lemming made the extruder to be used for something like this, so getting him to make a machine like that will be quite hard... and yes, in a normal world you'd have to mine a large area to do this, but you're forgetting you're playing a modded game. create a new mystcraft age, make it flat, throw a few extreme hills symbols in there, and you'll get a world where the ground is very high up in the y level, perfectly flat so easy to automate the quarrying process, and you'll get loads of cobblestone from mining it.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
There is one flaw in your statement regarding mining the entire world Dante...Mystcraft ages. All you would have to do is set up several tall, flat ages and use multiple mining machines. Once the ages start getting too large in file size then you can just delete the age from your minecraft folder. You wouldn't have o worry about grabbing the machines used in the mining operation since you would get more than enough materials from the mining to cover the expenses incurred in destroying them outright.

Also, I forgot the new MFFS can act like a frame machine. There is another video of a guy using RP2 frames and his little machine can mine about 2 million blocks an hour. The bonus for these is they are fast and aren't extremely massive, so replicating them to mine a lot more at once should be a lot less cpu intensive than, say, a million igneous extruders.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There is one flaw in your statement regarding mining the entire world Dante...Mystcraft ages. All you would have to do is set up several tall, flat ages and use multiple mining machines. Once the ages start getting too large in file size then you can just delete the age from your minecraft folder. You wouldn't have o worry about grabbing the machines used in the mining operation since you would get more than enough materials from the mining to cover the expenses incurred in destroying them outright.

Also, I forgot the new MFFS can act like a frame machine. There is another video of a guy using RP2 frames and his little machine can mine about 2 million blocks an hour. The bonus for these is they are fast and aren't extremely massive, so replicating them to mine a lot more at once should be a lot less cpu intensive than, say, a million igneous extruders.

problem would be as with RP2 frame quarries is to properly chunkload them all. some people got around it by using turtles and such, but it's still quite tricky to do so

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Started building a octuple cobble gen in my stream this afternoon for fun: 256 igneous extruders placed so far in one corner of the 4x4x4 chunk area I've quarried out for it. AE MAC is going to need to be full size with all but 1 slots filled with crafting cpu's for it to keep up (if that works, not done that bit yet). 3rd pic is little contraption to auto place extruders so they can recieve some lava and water, when the lite coems on cobble is being produces so I can force wrench them up to place into the array :)

cobble1.jpg
cobble2.jpg
cobble3.jpg

I'll post later down the line if it gets anywhere near completed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Started building a octuple cobble gen in my stream this afternoon for fun: 256 igneous extruders placed so far in one corner of the 4x4x4 chunk area I've quarried out for it. AE MAC is going to need to be full size with all but 1 slots filled with crafting cpu's for it to keep up (if that works, not done that bit yet). 3rd pic is little contraption to auto place extruders so they can recieve some lava and water, when the lite coems on cobble is being produces so I can force wrench them up to place into the array :)

I'll post later down the line if it gets anywhere near completed

nice :D, I've got my MAC at 199 cpus/1 pattern provider. 658 Extruders at the moment I think. Almost 3 octuple made :D

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually a little over 43 million cobble

I'm up to 3 now...need more extruders :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest amount of cobble which I got was from 128 I.Extruders.
And I was trying to get OctoCobble too.
It was 1B inside a DSU(After this I got 41k before the map restart iirc).
So 256 Extruders + 4 Quarries(without UB)/2 MFFS Bore + Turtle Army.
Also I want a pic of the first OctoCobble. :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hmm.. I wonder if a fortune pick has any effect on octo cobble? Or if it just produces a divide by zero error? Or better, it drops all 43 million cobble inside and causes your server to melt down, cherynoble style. :D

Reactions: MrD3cisive

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. I wonder if a fortune pick has any effect on octo cobble? Or if it just produces a divide by zero error? Or better, it drops all 43 million cobble inside and causes your server to melt down, cherynoble style. :D
well, if fortune worked on lets say stone, then it would worked on octo whatever stone.