CC + Soulshards, Best Spawner/XP Farm EVER!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit chuckling how this devolved into completely off topic discussion. About those brain in a jar and their nerf. When this topic is about atypicals spawner which is a glorious wad of awesome.

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! But it's still a work in progress, for anyone who didn't watch the video I'm trying to get a tier 5 spawner of every obtainable mob, which is as tedious as it sounds, but almost as tedious as setting up a farm which would work for each mob (ie. endermen can't use the same water system etc. and ghast won't fit normally) so anything that will help, including brains in a jar, is always a welcome suggestion

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Quicksand is a wonderful means of killing endermen. They don't tp when taking damage from suffocation. Ghasts would be tricky. I would suggest making the enclosure big enough to allow for a spawning then have it occasionally discharge a teslacoils charge to kill it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Thanks! But it's still a work in progress, for anyone who didn't watch the video I'm trying to get a tier 5 spawner of every obtainable mob, which is as tedious as it sounds, but almost as tedious as setting up a farm which would work for each mob (ie. endermen can't use the same water system etc. and ghast won't fit normally) so anything that will help, including brains in a jar, is always a welcome suggestion

Good luck getting a T5 Ghast spawner.
(You will genuinely need a lot of good luck, Ghasts are very tedious to find in large numbers)

MineAza

Jul 29, 2019
Blegh just tested it. A Jar can now only store 32 Levels. Thats significantly less then 1000xp.

MineAza

Jul 29, 2019
So what? Want me to start a new topic? It's a discussion thread, so talk about what you want.
Since OP could even make use of jars to prevent entity lag it's far from offtopic.
If somethings is offtopic just report the post, dont post your "I think this might be offtopic" shit everywhere, because that exactly doesn't belong in here.

PS: Enderman dont drop xp when killed from suffocation dmg, do they?

Reactions: Dravarden

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
So what? Want me to start a fucking new topic? It's a discussion thread, so talk about what you want.
Since OP could even make use of jars to prevent entity lag it's far from offtopic.
If somethings is offtopic just report the post, dont post your "I think this might be offtopic" shit everywhere, because that exactly doesn't belong in here.

No this topic is about his spawner. Not about the brain in a jar nerf. Which is what everyone is harping about. Not one post prior to mine or a few above. Were about improving his spawner. But talking about the who gives a crap 32 lvl cap on the jar.

MineAza

Jul 29, 2019
You are derailing this thread even further with that response man. But im fine with that.
The jar was the perfect solution for his spawner pre nerf btw. So talking about it seems logical.

So if this topic is about his spawner gtfo yourself :)

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
You are derailing this thread even further with that response man. But im fine with that.
The jar was the perfect solution for his spawner pre nerf btw. So talking about it seems logical.

So if this topic is about his spawner gtfo yourself :)

Your maturity astounds me. Anyway stupidity aside.

@OP
Looking at your video. This is more and more looking like a system to get the drops when you need it. If i may suggest. Try adding some transposers hooked into barrels that lead out of the room to allow for a AFK'ing player to come back to and pick up what they wanted. Also even though ...yes with the nerf and the argument above. Maybe work at adding about 3-4 brains. that should be a sufficient enough amount to capture all the drops.

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck getting a T5 Ghast spawner.
(You will genuinely need a lot of good luck, Ghasts are very tedious to find in large numbers)

Ghast shard is almost full, it actually wasn't a huge problem with a few jetpacks + soulsteal V.

What's going to be really tricky is regular bats imo...Not sure yet.

Here is a quick update, I've added a few more spanwers, but it looks like I will need at least 3 melee turtles per spawner to keep up. The layout will have to change completely:

qSbVY0h.png
_________
ZLQiSRb.png

Also, I do have a shard started for every mob in the game right now. Some mobs that will need special containment are slimes, magma cubes, ghast, bats, firebats, endermen, and probably blaze so they don't die to water. The rest will go in the main chamber (including all the passive animal mobs). Will probably need about 60 turtles in the main chamber, already have more than enough diamonds to deal with that so it's not a problem.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You can also use a drop-trap, using vines to 'normalize' drop damage so you can drop them to a pre-calculated height and the turtles can then kill them with one hit. That won't work with Blazes or Ghasts, but should work for everything else.

For Ghasts, use a quicksand suffocating trap. While it might not provide xp, it will provide precious ghast tears, and since you have so many other farms providing xp, you can afford the skip.

For Blazes, use the old-school piston-based trap with a turtle at the bottom.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use a drop-trap, using vines to 'normalize' drop damage so you can drop them to a pre-calculated height and the turtles can then kill them with one hit. That won't work with Blazes or Ghasts, but should work for everything else.

For Ghasts, use a quicksand suffocating trap. While it might not provide xp, it will provide precious ghast tears, and since you have so many other farms providing xp, you can afford the skip.

For Blazes, use the old-school piston-based trap with a turtle at the bottom.

If there are so many other farms dedicated to xp. perhaps a clever use of water flow is all you need for blazes. There is a user on my server that made a xp free method of obtaining the blaze rods by using the ability of blazes to sink. They keep falling in water and eventually die. the water flow is so perfectly made all the rods fall to a central drop point.

Rehu

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting use of CC .. just finished watching the video (Liked & Subscribed) and will be watching your series from the beginning over the next day or two.

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting use of CC .. just finished watching the video (Liked & Subscribed) and will be watching your series from the beginning over the next day or two.
Thanks. Unfortunately I'm working on a few big projects where recording slows down the progress quite a bit, so I might not be uploading much more if at all. I thought I might get more hits on the world's first (that I know of) FTB wither (boss) farm but only like 1000! Oh well. I will update this thread I guess when I put more work into this farm

Edit: the farm now has 80 melee turtles and 80 same-color-coded enderchests, this was completely unnecessary but looks awesome. It can now handle all the tier 5 spawners.

Weefreemen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i'm experiencing some trouble with the shard not counting my kills ( even fresh ones D:)

Would open a thread up but as the people in here seem to know quite a bit about the soulshard mod i thought i might as well ask in here first :)

~Weef

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Endermen have a range they can teleport to.... what would happen if there was no teleport-able blocks in that area? Do they just die in the water stream?

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i'm experiencing some trouble with the shard not counting my kills ( even fresh ones D:)

Would open a thread up but as the people in here seem to know quite a bit about the soulshard mod i thought i might as well ask in here first :)

~Weef
If you're trying to use a shard's spawned mobs to fill another shard it won't work. The mobs spawned from shards are different than vanilla mobs (as evidenced by dying by one of them, it'll say something like killed by spawnedMob_blah (or something akin to that, you'll see if you get killed by one))