CC + Soulshards, Best Spawner/XP Farm EVER!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to show off a cool way of setting up an XP farm with Tier 5 Soul Shards. For anyone who is too lazy to watch a video, here is a screenshot:

SKT6dWw.png

This is a computercraft advanced monitor controlling wireless computers which are controlling spawners. You can CLICK on the "Off"/"On"/"-"/"+" text on the monitor, it works like buttons!! The entire UI is interactive!

Here is the full video for anyone who wants to know how it works in more detail.

I currently have Wither Skeleton, Pigman, Blaze, and Magma Cube soul shards waiting to be added to the farm. Subscribe/like to see how it turns out!

Reactions: LeC and Squigie

sumguy

Jul 29, 2019
Dude.

Epic!

Watching the video now, I'm for sure going to try this out....will comment again when done

Edit: Question....what about setting up some brain-in-a-jar's there? would they absorb the XP? or maybe hold it in your hand? or maybe you would even be able to put it in the turtle's inventory to allow you to be able to transport XP into your ender chest and transport it to your base, stored and ready to use when you need it :D

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Darkace, another player from our server, left me a brain in a jar as a gift! Unfortunately, since the last patch they were nerfed quite a bit and can now only store 1000 exp. I will be keeping it as decoration, but until they change the XP limit back, I won't be "using" it. However, I have heard that in the future they might be adding XP-collecting-turtles who can also enchant!..

sumguy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am extremely impressed, and will be watching your channel for future updates! :) I got a few T5 shards and I was trying to figure out the most compact design, and you definitely get the gold!

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! If you have any questions I will gladly help you set this up (or any other XP farm method, since I've done a few by now...)

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
In the next episode I'll be adding a few more tier 5 shards that I have, I plan to make this machine the fastest XP farm ever created and I think I can get it to hundreds of levels per minute, with a few more interesting ComputerCraft turtle things set up too!

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
The brain nerf hurts it a bit, but since you can always just turn the whole system back on while you go enchant your stuff (or madly click the jar), it's not that painful.
Anyway, this combination is amazing, probably my favorite out of these entire mod packs.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Could you get around the nerf with brains on frames?

Edit, computer brains just dont make sense- I'd rather see brains in minecarts.
I could build an awesome system with a brain on a frame, and a block breaker- which drops brain-frame's XP into cart brain and ships it off to my base....

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that minecraft leveling is linear until level 30, so leveling past there is wasteful.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Remember that minecraft leveling is linear until level 30, so leveling past there is wasteful.

Wasteful if you're doing basic vanilla enchanting.

It took 56 levels to 'uncraft' my vile sword into a diamond one, and 52 to fully repair it. Anvil repairs/combining may be even more expensive. (I want to get unbreaking III/repair, soulstealer IV and knockback II.)

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019

It's linear until level 16, but in vanilla it's useless after level 30 which is why you should enchant then.
In FTB there are other uses for xp though.
Also, the brain holds the XP orbs, not the levels, so you don't waste anything :)

Reactions: Dravarden

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Could you get around the nerf with brains on frames?

Edit, computer brains just dont make sense- I'd rather see brains in minecarts.
I could build an awesome system with a brain on a frame, and a block breaker- which drops brain-frame's XP into cart brain and ships it off to my base....

Could just be me, but I have absolutely no idea what this means. I have a fairly good plan for the use of brains, even if I have to make more of them. If there was a nerf, it was supposedly on the maximum XP a brain can store, but from what I have seen there is still no limit. If I do encounter a limit after putting the other spawners in, I'd probably just have a few brains set up controlled by turtles. Press a button, turtle breaks jar (assuming this releases the exp) and the turtle can use the spawner information and the number of brains to determine how much EXP his jar is currently holding.

In any case, sure it might be a "waste" to go above level 30, but if you could walk into a room, turtles break 32 brains in a jar and you suddenly hit level 1200, it would probably speed up the enchanting process quite a bit. I hit level 170 yesterday and I am only running zombie/skeleton for now.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Could just be me, but I have absolutely no idea what this means. I have a fairly good plan for the use of brains, even if I have to make more of them. If there was a nerf, it was supposedly on the maximum XP a brain can store, but from what I have seen there is still no limit. If I do encounter a limit after putting the other spawners in, I'd probably just have a few brains set up controlled by turtles. Press a button, turtle breaks jar (assuming this releases the exp) and the turtle can use the spawner information and the number of brains to determine how much EXP his jar is currently holding.

In any case, sure it might be a "waste" to go above level 30, but if you could walk into a room, turtles break 32 brains in a jar and you suddenly hit level 1200, it would probably speed up the enchanting process quite a bit. I hit level 170 yesterday and I am only running zombie/skeleton for now.

Brain+ minecart- allows you to move EXP around like an MFSU cart moves IC2 power.

If each brain can hold 1000 EXP, and you know the output of your shard- say a T5 blaze- 6 blazes every 2 seconds, 10 Exp/blaze, it'll take 33 seconds to fill a brain.

So every 33 seconds, the brain in the grinder is pulled out by some redpower frames, and broken by a block breaker (dropping 1000 EXP onto a brain+minecart).
A deployer replaces the brain, and the frames push it back into position.

The EXP store is a room full of brains, the cart rolls over and is broken- dropping the EXP into storage. Transposer picks up cart can puts it into a cart dispenser.

I'll have to do some testing, I'm sure this could be simplified- but brains in carts are just too awesome.

--Update--

Brains work fine being moved on frames

Brains drop all their EXP with a block breaker
-This will then drop into a separate brain.

Brains will not be shaken (right clicked) by deployer. (placing them works fine though)

Oddly moving brains+auto breaking doesn't drop the EXP.

But most importantly- brains make eating noises when ingesting large amounts of EXP.