"Carrying" animals?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kingdaro

Jul 29, 2019
The need for an animal farm seems to pop up in my face every now and again, but guiding animals to my little island across the ocean seems like a difficult task. Is there any way to pick up an animal and keep it in your inventory, then pull it back out when needed? I'm not sure if FTB comes with a pokeball mod or not, haha.

Using Direwolf's pack, for the record.

lukasni

Jul 29, 2019
Not as an inventory icon, except for soul shards, but that isn't exactly what you're looking for. You could however use the gravity gun or portal gun (gravity gun is cheaper) to pick them up and "float" them back to your base. Not quite as convenient, but much better than luring them back.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
If the protal gun is to expensive, you can just push animals into a must craft portal

Malkeus Diasporan

Jul 29, 2019
an alternative/enhancement to your suggestion lukasni, is a mystcraft portal. Mystcraft will be in the ultimate pack, and is very easy to add to mindcrack pack. I like to setup an intermediate age with a pen, then go hunting for animals. setup a portal real quick and zap, animal farm done. With the link modifier you can cut out the intermediate age entirely. P.s. the nether/end/twilight forest count as intermediate ages.

Edit: Ninja'd! ah well