Can't run Horizons Daybreak

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

unrequitedglares

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't run Horizons Daybreak
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Horizons Daybreak
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
The pack starts to load up getting to the forge load screen halfway through the startup it closes out to launcher. I reverted my java to 7 tried that and it didnt work re updated my java to the most recent version that didnt work, I reinstalled the pack that didnt work, I am at a loss atm. I am still bad at reading logs and understanding what they mean sadly.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Try updating your GPU drivers.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Through my device manager, and then double checked with a driver updater directly from Intel

Never update through device manager because that just uses windows update. Always go to the manfacturers site for any hardware updates. If there are no updates then you are out of luck I am afraid.

I assume that you have an integrated gfx card. If so, then I would suggest, if possible, to get a dedicated video card.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I believe certain mods need api calls from java 7 that do not exist in 8
And in the video is different links to fix those issues. Not just the server fix there is a jar mod links in the FTB link to fix the clients. There are a lot of choices on the forum that is in the video link actually.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
im guessing your running a laptop if so check the laptop manufacturer site for any updates to the drivers

Firedragon13

Jul 29, 2019
my horizon: daybreak keeps crashing after i join the world but just before the chunks load. anyone know how to fix it?

this is the crash report:
[12:11:27] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -8
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.NibbleArray.func_76582_a(SourceFile:28) ~[apv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_76665_b(SourceFile:75) ~[apz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76628_c(Chunk.java:548) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150812_a(Chunk.java:878) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150813_a(Chunk.java:862) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities(AnvilChunkLoader.java:500) ~[aqk.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:41) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage2(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.finish(AsynchronousExecutor.java:189) ~[AsynchronousExecutor$Task.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.finishActive(AsynchronousExecutor.java:354) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:30) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:596) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) ~[bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
[12:11:27] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\hp\Documents\Feed The Beast\FTBHorizonsII\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2015-07-05_12.11.27-server.txt
[12:11:27] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
(everything before and after is things that are suppose to happen i think)