Can't reach to sever error

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
You have two antiviral software applications installed. Under no circumstance should you be doing this. Secondly, you do not need to forward ports UNLESS your a redirecting traffic transparently behind your NAT. Period. There is no there is no other reason unless you are doing some weird Windows access control... which you should stop doing as well. In fact, disable your local computer firewall entirely... you have a firewall on your router; and yes, you have a router, somewhere. There is no way for you to get onto the internet without some sort of intermediary layer 3 type device. Finally, can you provide a text dump of your server startup and the server.properties file?

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
Ok sorry if this went on this thread wen't on for too long for you to read it all.But I fixed all those problems and I'm not hosing a server the problem is I can't connect to other peoples servers.

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
no the having 2 antivirus issues.Not the not being able to connect to other peoples servers. some additional info when I go on one of the modpacks the electrical one it says " [Mod Update Manager] you are offline, couldn't check." So I'm not being able to connect online in any modpack.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
I just reread the whole thread and discovered that you mentioned a netgear router. Have you tried to connect your computer directly to your Virgin Media Super Hub eliminate error with your netgear setup?

Somehow you're getting blocked either by your ISP or by the router. I can't think of something else.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I thought because your earlier post stated a Netgear router that you have both.

My last suggestion is to contact Virgin Media and see if there is anything they might help you with the network. Hope you get more help that way. Good luck!

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
Before I do that I'm going to test on my neighbor's network as he allowed me would this be a good idea(he is on TalkTalk)?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it would, it's very unlikely that your neighbor would suffer from the same issue as you if it was network based.
So if it doesn't work at your neighbours network it's probably your computer somehow.
But i've run out of options for what it could be.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Im afraid it's still the same error.
"[23:41:37] LauncherConsole$OutputOverride.write:68: From Console: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"
Something on your computer is blocking the the launcher and/or java froma accessing the internet.
It's impossible for us to say what's causing this based on the log.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
It's still the same "Connection timout"-problem. :( Is there a chance that you edited the IP-adress option in the server.settings file?

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
I don't own the server i'm just trying to connect I know it's online because in vanilla It shows it has people on and has 5 green bars but obviously won't let me join as I don't have the mods.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
I may not gettings this right but why are you setting up one for your own if you want to connect to an already existing?

What are the adress to the servers you want to connect to?

mitchisaac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not setting a server up at all I want to connect LNN-Ranked.com:25566 It is whitelisted but I am allowed on but the point I am trying to make is that NO servers work for me they all show as "Can't reach server"