Can't open FTB

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

BobbyDD

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't open FTB
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
It hangs on start up every time I try to open it. Specifically here: [14:33:25] [Client thread/WARN] [FastCraft-core]: The sprite Chisel:snakestone/obsidian/particles/7 caused the mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 because it's too small (8x8 px).

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Did you close minecraft because at the end of the log is says "MC killed by user". I would check for an update to your video card. Make sure to use the Intel website when checking.

BobbyDD

Jul 29, 2019
I killed it in the end after that line because its happened before. The first time it gave that error I left it up for half an hour and nothing progressed.

aram

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys, I'm having the exact same problem. And seems to be stalling at the same block:
[12:35:18] [Client thread/WARN] [FastCraft-core]: The sprite Chisel:snakestone/obsidian/particles/7 caused the mipmap level to drop from 4 to 3 because it's too small (8x8 px).

Here's some additional information from my end:

Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direworlf 20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b0e0da7e

There are a few chisel warnings in mine beforehand as well, so I'm wondering if it's potentially some combination of fastcraft and chisel2 that is breaking things.

I updated all my graphics cards (nvidia) and intel drivers. I also increased memory to use 12gb of memory and set max perm size to 512mb. (I also tried 128 and 256 beforehand, with no avail)

I'm going to disable fastcraft from my end and see if that helps, I'll update shortly on the results, but figured I'd mention that it's not an isolated incident.

aram

Jul 29, 2019
(My previous post is awaiting moderator approval as it has a link, so if this shows up before that, sorry)

Wanted to update and say the error I was getting seemed to vanish when I disabled fastcraft as was suggested by UniZero. The only problem then became that removing fastcraft reduced my performance by a ridic amount (could barely play). So I tried removing my resource pack (Soartex) and that greatly increased performance, which gave me an idea.... I disabled soartex and re-enabled fastcraft and everything booted up perfectly.

So BobbyD, if you're using a resource pack, try disabling fastcraft, if that works and it's to slow try disabling the resource pack and then re-enabling fastcraft.