Can't log onto a server, outdated mods.

illford

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded a new server, deleted EVERYTHING aside from the world file and put the new server in its place, still out of date, although it has clearly been updated sense the last time I downloaded it 10 mins ago.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded a new server, deleted EVERYTHING aside from the world file and put the new server in its place, still out of date, although it has clearly been updated sense the last time I downloaded it 10 mins ago.
I wonder why they keep releasing it... Why don't they just release it when they know it works?

illford

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder why they keep releasing it... Why don't they just release it when they know it works?
I dunno, its not that hard. you look at the client, and the server mods.
If they are the exact same, GOOD! you can release the update.
if they are different, you have more work to do!

But instead everyone is updating clients without the knowledge that there is NO SERVER that can run it.

Kazhang

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe it works for them but not for us? Who knows.

I play LoL, same concept... "release a champion that's fine on their side, comes out to the public, everything goes wrong"

Magic?

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to lie, I don't see much of a future in this modpack for portalgun.[DOUBLEPOST=1353363712][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn this upload! Sorry guys, it'll be linked in a minute. The stupid internet's misbehaving.
Ye i think i had it with it for now, im gonna delete it from the server, im sure that none of my 12 minecrafters friends will complain.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, its not that hard. you look at the client, and the server mods.
If they are the exact same, GOOD! you can release the update.
if they are different, you have more work to do!

But instead everyone is updating clients without the knowledge that there is NO SERVER that can run it.
Are one of the streamers live right now?[DOUBLEPOST=1353364104][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, should I upload the stable server build too?

louiskw

Jul 29, 2019
Surely the release should go
Pre-release client -> Server Version -> Client version

So now I have a load of players wondering where their server just went...

Bolimest

Jul 29, 2019
I removed the conflicting portal gun mod and its working. I'll just wait for he full update.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
96c00c1384437c3df2aacd155c42db69.png

55 seconds my ass.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Canada is just great overall.

:3
Here is sweden we are not doing that bad hehe:) and we have the same cold here hehe:)
Had to delete the portal gun from the server, i got 7 messages in like 5 mins complaining.....

kyle

Jul 29, 2019
I find the fact that we're sharing the correct versions among ourselves quite upsetting. Oh, and that the client-side versions released first...wait, now I'm not sure what I'm more upset about! You'd think we'd be a little more, I don't know, on top of things when we're releasing a modpack for a game that is now as large as it is. (I know, it's beta. This is more venting then anything)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I find the fact that we're sharing the correct versions among ourselves quite upsetting. Oh, and that the client-side versions released first...wait, now I'm not sure what I'm more upset about! You'd think we'd be a little more, I don't know, on top of things when we're releasing a modpack for a game that is now as large as it is. (I know, it's beta. This is more venting then anything)
Well I hope it works. If you need to know how to use it just lemme know and I'll tell you what to do.[DOUBLEPOST=1353365423][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll upload the stable server build too that works with that client build.