Can't launch packs

james neal

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to launch the mod packs it downloads the mod but doesn't download the minecraft files.
A copy of the console
http://pastebin.com/9J2sMdJ1
thanks.
(this is only the 1.6.4 packs)

(windows 8 java updated exe.)

(i think it at the bottom of the link about line 250-?)

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please complete this:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
The console log is the one described under the first paragraph in this article. Please post your logs as described to prevent them from expiring.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it
Then post in this format:

Operating System, bit type:
Java version/update, bit type:
Launcher version:
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n):
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Description of the Issue:

If your console log indicates that you have not completed the guide exactly as I have prepared it, then I will ask you to do it again.

james neal

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the instructions in your troubleshooting but now im having a new problem with packs loading in the launcher and for some reason it isn't letting me upload the console log to paste bin.

james neal

Jul 29, 2019
I still cant paste bin and it wont load any packs to the launcher.
ill copy and paste the console:
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.9)
Java version: 1.7.0_45
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 24.45-b08 by Oracle Corporation
Could not save style: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\launcher_styles\defaultStyle.cfg (The system cannot find the path specified)
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Error making tracking request: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Error making tracking request: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
From Console: Dec 14, 2013 10:28:47 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
loading texture pack information...
loading map information...
Cannot assign requested address: connect

Last edited by a moderator: