Can't get 2 of the Forbidden Magic nether shards

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing 1.6.4. I can't get the Greed and Gluttony shards. For Greed I killed dozens, if not hundreds of mobs with a Tinker's Construct rapier with Looting 3. After failure I killed dozens of mobs with a VANILLA diamond sword with Looting 3. No shards, again. I then tried a sword with Capitalist I. Failure (side note: might it work with the Greedy enchantment ? In the forbidden magic config, Capitalist and Greedy have the same ID: 68). I also can't get the Gluttony shard(s). I equipped Death's garments (from Witchery) to get really hungry, really fast and I consumed over a stack of potatoes, 13 stakes, zombie flesh and NO shards ! I'm trying to get all of the shards in the hope that it will unlock the Transcendent Blood Orb Research (for Blood Magic). What am I doing wrong ? Also, are the 2 enchantments (Greedy and Capitalist) supposed to have the same ID's ? If not, how do I find what's an unused enchantment ID that I could use ?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I thought you got gluttony shards by eating in the Nether...

Greed ones.. I'm not totally sure on.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing 1.6.4. I can't get the Greed and Gluttony shards. For Greed I killed dozens, if not hundreds of mobs with a Tinker's Construct rapier with Looting 3. After failure I killed dozens of mobs with a VANILLA diamond sword with Looting 3. No shards, again. I then tried a sword with Capitalist I. Failure (side note: might it work with the Greedy enchantment ? In the forbidden magic config, Capitalist and Greedy have the same ID: 68). I also can't get the Gluttony shard(s). I equipped Death's garments (from Witchery) to get really hungry, really fast and I consumed over a stack of potatoes, 13 stakes, zombie flesh and NO shards ! I'm trying to get all of the shards in the hope that it will unlock the Transcendent Blood Orb Research (for Blood Magic). What am I doing wrong ? Also, are the 2 enchantments (Greedy and Capitalist) supposed to have the same ID's ? If not, how do I find what's an unused enchantment ID that I could use ?
From what i know you Dont get them.with random looting the pig man actually has to have It in.his Hands

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked you can get the greed shard from either killing with looting or mining nether quartz with Fortune

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure not all the nether shards were actually obtainable in the 1.6.4 versions of the mod (I think this was mentioned in a relatively recent changelog when the unobtainable ones were made obtainable). As for the enchant IDs, if you go into the NEI options in the inventory view then

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you got gluttony shards by eating in the Nether...

Greed ones.. I'm not totally sure on.
I did say I did that
From what i know you Dont get them.with random looting the pig man actually has to have It in.his Hands

That's for Envy shards
Just checked you can get the greed shard from either killing with looting or mining nether quartz with Fortune

I did say I tried that and I didn't work (I also tried mining Quartz with Fortune)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I did say I did that

That's for Envy shards

I did say I tried that and I didn't work (I also tried mining Quartz with Fortune)
Hm is there a config Option for the drop Chances?
I remember i only played once with forbidden magic on 1.6 tppi and Had a Ton of that shards
So.if There is a config Option for Chance increase that a Bit

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Neither shard was available in 1.6.4 outside of using the Corrupting enchant, and I'm fairly sure they weren't used in recipes aside from the ONE Kami recipe using the Gluttony shard. >.>

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Neither shard was available in 1.6.4 outside of using the Corrupting enchant, and I'm fairly sure they weren't used in recipes aside from the ONE Kami recipe using the Gluttony shard. >.>
Are you the dev for Forbidden Magic? I'm playing 1.6.4 and all but 2 are available through means other than the Corruption Enchant! For instance, I've used Sentry Turrets to get Sloth shards.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Are you the dev for Forbidden Magic? I'm playing 1.6.4 and all but 2 are available through means other than the Corruption Enchant! For instance, I've used Sentry Turrets to get Sloth shards.

Yes, I'm the dev, and yes, I did just say that those 2 were not available in 1.6.4.