Cant find server downloads vinalla plus

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Erola

Jul 29, 2019
Good Day

So I am still living in the past it seems but I wish to download the server files for vinalla plus. Not to get confused from the legacy site which has vinalla + No where in the new launcher or the web site can I find the server files to download to host on my home server. I am sure its a simple area I just keep missing but I am just not having any luck.

Many thanks

Erola

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Cant find server downloads vinalla plus
Launcher Version:
curse
Modpack:
vinalla plus
Modpack Version:
latest
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I cant find the server download for vinalla plus. I can find the vinalla + on the legacy site but that ver does not have the latest forge.

Erola

Jul 29, 2019
Its simple to install a Feed the Beast server follow these steps to install Feed the Beast modpacks on dedicated servers, VPSs or home computers.

1. Download the required modpack from the server modpack page here or by selecting the modpack in the launcher and clicking download server. You can copy the link address and use the link to wget the zip to your server if you are running a CLI.
  2. Unzip the package by using the "unzip" command on linux or by right clicking and selecting extract on windows using a program such as winzip or winrar
  3. Move the files to the location where you want to run your server
  4. Run the server, do this by double clicking the .bat file on windows or running the sh file on linux with the command "sh ServerStart.sh"
  5. You can edit the amount of RAM allocated to the server and JVM arguments by editing the .sh or .bat file you use to start the server.
so this is what I get which would work fine if that is the way it was. Now here is what I get when I follow all the links.
getting old 1.PNG

getting old 1.PNG
getting old 2.PNG

any one see any where the .bat file? The mods file does not even have all the mods.

Erola

Jul 29, 2019
So an update I went around this issue in 2 ways. The first is I build the server from scracsh went through and pulled all the mods I needed ect. This process was about a day long process for reason of having to make it from the start. Now I did just test downloading the server files from the old launcher..... Worked fine could have saved my self a few hours but ohh well. Now my question my post above am I missing or doing something wrong? Or are FTB's dl links broken? I would really like to know what it is I downloaded shown in the pitchers above. Because when I follow all the links the new site provides that is what I get.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Did you try the download via the legacy launcher for the server-file?

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Are you saying that client and server version have different forge versions?

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Merged both threads as they were essentially identical topics.

Right now the only place to get a server download for Vanilla+ is from the legacy launcher, I'll check to see if this is intended or not.