Can't Edit Anything

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm, just tried to edit something.

I note that there was just a forum update (some icons on the home-page changed), perhaps something happened in that? @Captainnana ?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is a bug. Because you can't edit anything that is older than 5 minutes...
This needs to be fixed for threads, because the OP may need to be edited as stuff updates (e.g. third party packs)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No... it shouldn't really :p Because some things should be editable ;)

It is a bug, as you used to be able to edit anything, no matter how old it is :p

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a pretty common system on forums, it prevents edit trolling. You could always contact a moderator if you really need something edited.

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
Edit trolling? Is that editing an earlier post with essential information?

For the amount of editing I'll need to do on my forum game, it'd be tedious to ask a mod every time I need it edited...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a pretty common system on forums, it prevents edit trolling. You could always contact a moderator if you really need something edited.
I understand it can be used for bad, but I don't think it is a good idea, over all the forums... maybe get rid of that feature in areas such as the 3rd party area? Because stuff in there will have changelogs, download links, and other updates, which all need to be in the OP, and may change weekly, monthly, etc.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Edit trolling? Is that editing an earlier post with essential information?

For the amount of editing I'll need to do on my forum game, it'd be tedious to ask a mod every time I need it edited...
actually a common way is to ask a question for which the answer is some number below the minimum age and then edit the question to ask how old someone is, then report the answer and presto a unsuspecting mod bans an inocent account.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Yes, this is extremely inconvenient. The ability to edit the first post of a thread (or in my case, conversation) is important when one needs to update information that is no longer relevant. At the very least, I hope that this will be fixed within conversations.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It's already back, it seems. I can edit and delete my last post on this thread, which was about 18 hours ago.