Cant download the FTB client ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstaa

Jul 29, 2019
I go to Feed-the-Beast.com, and to the Client Download. I tried downloading both .exe and .jar to no avail. It always says - Download Failed; Network Error.
So, I went and followed https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2898334?p=ui_download_errors&rd=1
and did the 1-10 steps near the bottom of the webpage under the security settings tab. Everything it said to set, I already had them set there. Before all this, I would go onto Direwolf20 and every time I would try to join a server, I'd get the problem; Connection Lost
Timed Out
I have no idea what is wrong atm, but I'd love it if someone could help me with this problem. It all started when 1.0.8 for Direwolf20 was released.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Your not the only one, I am having the same issue, As well as even loading the mod packs in the launcher, It's like everything is jsut frozen.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Not a problem, I have been tinkering with FTB for a long time now, And this is the first i have come across this kind of issue, So i had to do more digging then i usually do, And i found this as i was about to submit a ticket.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Then i will do that right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1388532531][/DOUBLEPOST]I highly doubt anyone can get on right now, Or maybe there is just a select few of us who can't regardless, I hope this tech person can help us out with a possible solution.

Attachments

• FTBLauncherLog.txt
    2 KB · Views: 54

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Right... Im not typing in a different DNS server, This problem has to be on FTB's end if we have to go to these lengths, Im not savy with DNS servers, But i know you DON'T need to set a specific one and doing so could mess alot of things up.

I urge EVERYONE not to do this.

( If you can give me a GOOD reason why we should, That would make everyone more comfortable doign so )

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Right... Im not typing in a different DNS server, This problem has to be on FTB's end if we have to go to these lengths, Im not savy with DNS servers, But i know you DON'T need to set a specific one and doing so could mess alot of things up.

( If you can give me a GOOD reason why we should, That would make everyone more comfortable doign so )
The problem is not on FTB's end if the repos are under a heavy load because it's the holidays and thousands of kids (who would normally be in school) are over-taxing the servers by downloading all the things.

I urge all users to trust users with the Tech Support tag, over someone with 13 postings on the forums, 9 of which are in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.