Can't decide how to build my dojo...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So I had already decided upon a dojo jutting out of a cliff but after getting the platform setup I think I might also want to have it partly built into the side of the mountain so I can make use of it as well. You know for like random walkways coming out of the side of the cliff walls. Anyway. I plan for the building to have 4 stories and a basement. I plan for the basement to be 45x45x11(It's less of a basement more of an above ground foundation) and each increasing level to be 5 shorter on each side. Anyway It's mainly just deciding between in the wall, standing alone, or having some kind of bridge-like thing into the mountain that leads to something(a garden/pong for example).

http://imgur.com/Ax1OFOV,MPDm7gS

You can ignore the village stuff it's just my impromptu base for now :3

But yeah any opinions on it would be much appreciated!

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
That is a damn cool looking spot, having a bridge to the mountains would be awesome, like a slightly arched bridge. I'd also stick so jungle trees and vines around the mountain and you're platform. Maybe a waterfall on the side of the mountain.

Reactions: Hoff

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I really like how that whole mountain seems to be placed on top of the ground, not in it, and it kind of curves inward.

If you're making a dojo, I think a white wood would go well. Or white wool.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I really like how that whole mountain seems to be placed on top of the ground, not in it, and it kind of curves inward.

If you're making a dojo, I think a white wood would go well. Or white wool.

Birch is always my go to c:

I also plan to use wrath lamps as the hanging lanterns. Not sure how I want to do the stairs that will lead to the first actual floor yet. Not sure if I wanna use some kind of stone for it or what.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Birch is always my go to c:

I also plan to use wrath lamps as the hanging lanterns.
I wonder if there's a way to recolor the Sun Lamps, like how people put microblocks over glowstone. The purple color can get in the way quite a bit xD

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I wonder if there's a way to recolor the Sun Lamps, like how people put microblocks over glowstone. The purple color can get in the way quite a bit xD
I was actually thinking about doing something to make them look prettier but haven't had any good, fitting designs yet.