Can't craft TiC arrows?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2015-8-17_21-0-57.png

I don't see why it doesn't work. I have a valid arrowhead, valid fletching, and I'm pretty sure "Arrow Shaft" means tool rod because arrow shafts don't exist in NEI. What is going wrong?

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
There are actually only a couple of valid arrow shaft materials. Stick, bone, cactus, and maybe one other (tool rods that is). I always use bone; it is the heaviest which means extra damage.

And you are correct that tool rods are what you need as arrow shafts.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
plus recheck reciept - it may what cuped rods: place rod in tinker tool and fluid same liquid metal on it.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
@adamich, thats for bolts, not arrows.

As for arrows, there only certain types of rods u can use, read the book the check which ones can be used.

redsector

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked, you don't actually need tool rods for arrow shafts (unless you're using a version of TiCo that is vastly different from mine). There's a couple of items that can be used without further processing, namely wooden stick (note that you can use wooden tool rods instead), sugarcane, bone and blaze rod. As Veggetossj already said, the TiCo book on advanced weaponry or whatever it's called will have further info.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can only use wooden stick (regular stick or wooden tool rod both work), bone (just a bone or bone tool rod), sugar cane and blaze rod for arrows.

Btw, is that a full manyullun bow..? You will find it's actually a bad bow, you'd be better off with plastic or slime bow. And if you're making custom arrows you should make a longbow instead unless that is one and you also have manyullun plate on it.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have no access to anything slime related, or any other good materials. I basically checked NEI for all bow parts, and manyullyn was the best choice I could make for each one.

And I tried longbow, but 4 seconds to charge is just WAY too much, it feels more like 8 seconds honestly. And the reason I am making a bow is because every full moon, ghast-like mobs spawn in the Overworld and are very destructive, and a bow is my only option to killing them (besides fireball tennis).

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Bow=speed. Arrows=damage.

That's the key.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The shortbow is bad with heavy arrows, that's why I asked. You can get the draw speed down with redstone. But if you want to use the shortbow you want lighter arrows instead for it which would be sugar cane for the shaft although the biggest contributor is the arrow head but manyullun is actually fairly light for the damage it gets. Also why are you using leaf fletching? The accuracy is ridiculously bad with it, you would be better off with feather fletching if you don't have slime. You get less arrows per stack but the accuracy stat is way more important. Even with slime fletching you can still miss most of the shots just because of the accuracy rolls.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I tried using the same metal bow and full manyullyn arrows in creative mode, before I attempted to make them in survival. The arrows travel very far, definitely good enough against ghasts.

And thanks for telling me about the leaf fletching, I didn't realise the accuracy was that game changing. I will use the simple feathers instead

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Also Never add sharpness to your bow it will only increase meele damage also Why do u Not use cobalt Tools its Way faster and the durability isnt that much lower

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I prefer Many as my pickaxe head. I find it's about the right speed for me, any faster and I find I start accidentally taking out multiple blocks should it start lagging.
(I do use cobalt in my hammer, as I don't care so much about accuracy when I'm using my hammer.)
Many is also higher damage than cobalt, so it's better as a sword blade.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, I made a batch of 18 manyullyn ingots in the smeltery, so I was like, "why not use it in my pickaxes too"