Cant craft certain items in Direwolf20 1.5v2??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ndDean

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started a server with this, added in GT of course, and I cant seem to craft certain items such as machine casings, iron hammers to make plates and things like this. Why is this happening and how can I fix this?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I try to take them out and they bounce back into the window
Yeah, this is a pretty weird bug. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it. I have this bug in my current modpack when turning Mekanisms steel dust into steel ingots.

ndDean

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this is a pretty weird bug. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it. I have this bug in my current modpack when turning Mekanisms steel dust into steel ingots.

Urg its aggravating, I cant move forward without that hammer lol

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you don't have gregtech enabled on the server. We had a similar issue with Xeno's Reliquary. It was enabled in the client but not the server, the recipes showed up and you could almost craft the stuff but it bounced back in. My advice, double check to make sure it is enabled and loading on the server. If it is already there, delete and reinstall.

Good luck.

ndDean

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you don't have gregtech enabled on the server. We had a similar issue with Xeno's Reliquary. It was enabled in the client but not the server, the recipes showed up and you could almost craft the stuff but it bounced back in. My advice, double check to make sure it is enabled and loading on the server. If it is already there, delete and reinstall.

Good luck.

Its there and enabled from what I can tell, would trying to reinstall it force to to have to regen the world?

EDIT: Ok so I am running my server off of Creeper Host, and I just took a look at the mods list and GT was actually not showing up!! I look in the config files and all the files necessary are there, its just not working correctly for some reason. I am running the Direwolf20 1.5 v2 and all I did was add GT to it since it was lacking it, hopefully with this new information someone can tell me why it doesnt seem to be loading up with the server. Yes, it is a version for 1.5.2

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, your world shouldn't need to regen, that does bring something to mind, do you have gregtech world gen showing up? If the mod isn't enabled you'd have no world gen (ie bauxite, pyrite various gems.)

ndDean

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, your world shouldn't need to regen, that does bring something to mind, do you have gregtech world gen showing up? If the mod isn't enabled you'd have no world gen (ie bauxite, pyrite various gems.)

Im pretty sure its installed in some shape or form because I have all the items in my NEI, just can't make them

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
That just means it's installed client side. Nei and crafting behave that way when there is a client-server mismatch.

ndDean

Jul 29, 2019
That just means it's installed client side. Nei and crafting behave that way when there is a client-server mismatch.

Ok so if I already have the GT in my server config though and still no luck what should I try next?

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
You said you have the config, but are you sure you have the gregtechmod.zip in your server's mods folder?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
@Veirilli, what if you know for a fact that EE3 and Mekanism are installed on the server, as we have made minium stones, and a ton of Mekanism machinery?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Its there and enabled from what I can tell, would trying to reinstall it force to to have to regen the world?

EDIT: Ok so I am running my server off of Creeper Host, and I just took a look at the mods list and GT was actually not showing up!! I look in the config files and all the files necessary are there, its just not working correctly for some reason. I am running the Direwolf20 1.5 v2 and all I did was add GT to it since it was lacking it, hopefully with this new information someone can tell me why it doesnt seem to be loading up with the server. Yes, it is a version for 1.5.2

Is GT in the servers mods folder? Could also be an issue with your host. Specialized Minecraft instance hosting sites don't give you the control you need when it comes to mods, not sure if this is the case with Creeper Host though.

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not familiar at all with Mekanism, never used it. What is the issue you're having? You mentioned steel dust? Does it not smelt? Like I said, not familiar with the mod so I'm not sure how steel is acquired with it.

EDIT:
@ndDean Just saw your edit.
The mod packs ship with all the configs used by ftb, even if the mod is not in the specific pack. So, the config may be there, but that doesn't mean the gregtechmod.zip is in the mods folder. You need to add it using sftp or ssh on creeperhost.

@Azzanine
Creeperhost gives full root access via sftp and ssh. So you can add whatever you want.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not familiar at all with Mekanism, never used it. What is the issue you're having? You mentioned steel dust? Does it not smelt? Like I said, not familiar with the mod so I'm not sure how steel is acquired with it.
To make steel in Mekanism you need to get a Metallurgic Infuser. Put carbon into one slot and enriched iron in the other slot. It creates steel dust. When you can't smelt the steel dust you can use EE3's shapeless minium/philosopher stone + (char)coal recipe. Unfortunately I have the same issue as ndDean where I cannot take the steel ingots out of the recipe.

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd, what other UE mods do you have? or do you have any? I know that MFFS adds ue steel, and I wonder if you have that disabled, does it also disable the steel ingots? Like I said, I don't use these mods, but a bit of quick research showed me that Mekanism is a UE mod, and I'm just guessing that maybe they share items.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
@Azzanine
Creeperhost gives full root access via sftp and ssh. So you can add whatever you want.
So it's essentially like a VPN host? I was thinking that maybe the host had some sort of control mechanism that prevented GregTech from loading.

Veirilli

Jul 29, 2019
So it's essentially like a VPN host? I was thinking that maybe the host had some sort of control mechanism that prevented GregTech from loading what you like to the server.
Exactly. They don't care what you do with your server, it's yours. The only caveat is that modifying anything outside of the /home/minecraft/ directory voids your support agreement. I use creeper host for my server and have changed the pack a few time (I use Unleashed 1.1.4 + some other stuff). I love the freedom I have with the host, mostly I use SFTP but SSH is really handy in certain situations (lets me do admin stuff from my phone while not at home).

EDIT:
lol...that sounds like an advertisement...I'll just say that I was with another host in the past and creeperhost has been so much better and I'm glad to have switched.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd, what other UE mods do you have? or do you have any? I know that MFFS adds ue steel, and I wonder if you have that disabled, does it also disable the steel ingots? Like I said, I don't use these mods, but a bit of quick research showed me that Mekanism is a UE mod, and I'm just guessing that maybe they share items.
The only other UE mods I've got are Atomic Science, MPS, MPSA, ICBM, and Calclavias MFFS. I don't think any of those add steel, and even if they did you would think they would disable the creation of dusts.