Cannot play online anymore

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBuist

Hi,

I once again would have to reconfigure my SMP Minecraft server to play offline, but if I do this, I read somewhere that I will loose all my Taumcraft research, since my player will loose its player ID. I am not too far in research for now, so it would be the best time to do something about minecraft.net unstability. Not being able to play because minecraft.net, almost unused for playback, is down, is very annoying. Is there a way to have the server authenticate players with something else? I have full control over the Minecraft FTB server, so I could easily put up another service for authentication. If this is not possible, what mods are affected when disabling the online playing option? Thanks.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
There is a book you can spawn in using creative/server commands that will allow you to "teach" it all your thaumcraft knowledge. It is used to teach a friend your stuff for co-op plays, but I think it would fit your issue.

As for the other stuff, I don't know.

EricBuist

This is still not working. I just can't login anymore to my SMP server. If servers are now always down or downtime last multiple days, I'm just stuck. I just read yesterday that this is now even worse than I thought: if I disable online-mode on my server, only one player at a time will be able to log in as Player unless I downgrade the game to some version I don't know (so again trial and error).
Why things are SO UNSTABLE with Minecraft? It was working fine a few days ago and now, done, over, no way to log in. There is no point in relying on minecraft.net to prevent the game from starting while it should work without this step.

Thanks, iwishiknew, for the clue about the Taumcraft book. Unfortunately, this is quite useless if multiplayer is now impossible. Better forking the map and having my friend and I play separately in single player at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.