Can you use Iron Golems in an MFR Auto-Spawner?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Pigmen are easier to work with than endermen. Starting with gold you transmute down to get iron and up to diamond instead of transmuting up once for iron and transmuting up two more times to diamond. They are also easier to contain and mostly harmless during a grinder leak.

Those satanic smurf/carebear hybrids from the Twilight that drop gold and wheat might also work.

I have both... Enederman is a little faster in my experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
1) In 1.4.7 you could auto-spawn vanilla iron golems. Kill them with something like lava, turtles, or some crazy invention.
2) Have not tested the above in 1.5.2. I will do so later today and find out.
3) You can auto-spawn carmanite golems(The golems from twilight forest that have WIP on their chest IIRC). These have the same drops as vanilla golems with 60 less HP and are naturally hostile meaning grinders will kill them. One auto spawner will produce the same or more as that "Iron Curtain".

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I've tried this before for 1.5.2, and alas, the MFR spawners won't make vanilla iron golems...or ones you create yourself, I don't think. However, since you can breed villagers, you might could use some Railcraft wizardry to nick any iron golems that get spawned, then send them to be killed, gather the drops however you please, and should be good. Note that I've not actually tested this, it is, at the moment, just a theory.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Just tested. I can confirm you can no longer use iron golems but you can still use carmanite golems which drop iron and towerwood planks.