Can you use Iron Golems in an MFR Auto-Spawner?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
since you can do it even with mod mobs, so my guess is yes.
however, what`s wrong with vanilla spawning mechanics, and as result, iron golems grinders?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you are able to use the auto-spawner to spawn in the golems but the grinders will not kill them.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Oh? I thought I read that they do not grind certain passives like villagers? Maybe something changed recently?[DOUBLEPOST=1376318300][/DOUBLEPOST]And if so, I've plans for my villagers. Hehehe. Auto-spawner on exact spawn spawning villager with a trade I want. Once the trade is exhausted, instead of trading the new trade to renew, I would just kill him off with the grinder for essence! Muahahahaha!

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, no worries. I have a pen where they share with the cows and sheeps.[DOUBLEPOST=1376319453][/DOUBLEPOST]And you know what? I love DartCraft for the Rod of Holding and the Flasks of Holding. "Oooo, a village. Time to get myself a to go/takeaway."

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Last time i tried you cant. You can capture them just fine, but when you try to spawn them the spawner just wont start working. Exact mode makes no difference here either.

If you are looking for a iron golem farm, I would suggestthis:
(1300 iron/hour, yes 100% vanilla MC)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anything changed from 1.4.7 Ultimate but you can jack a golem spawner from the Dark Towers inside the Twilight Forest with a Gravity/Portal Gun. Using Darcraft's Force Wrench is a no-no for Twilight Forest's spawner as they will drop as a pig spawner instead.
On my FTB Ultimate server (which is unfortunately closed due to server being unstable), I had a golem spawning farm with 12 of those spawners. Or create the big ass Iron Trench as Skyqula has linked. :p

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Iron trench looks good, but looks to time consuming. The twighlight forest also sounds a little risky, but I will try it. As for the MFR Auto-Spawner, I have watched a few youtube videos where they get it to work, but so far in my creative worlds it gives me nothing.

Reactions: RedBoss

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing FTB Unleashed, you can just go for either an Enderman or Zombie Pigman Tier 5 Soul Shard and get yourself some Minium Stone made.
4 Ender Pearls > 1 Iron Ingot
8 Iron Ingot > 1 Gold Ingot
4(?) Gold Ingot > 1 Diamond

And if I am not mistaken, it works backwards too. 1 Ender Pearl = 4 Obsidian. 1 Obsidian > 4 Wood Blocks(?).

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing FTB Unleashed, you can just go for either an Enderman or Zombie Pigman Tier 5 Soul Shard and get yourself some Minium Stone made.

And if I am not mistaken, it works backwards too. 1 Ender Pearl = 4 Obsidian. 1 Obsidian > 4 Wood Blocks(?).
where did you get such exchange rates?:eek:

Reactions: RedBoss

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019

Looks like you switched around the exchange rates for ender pearls: it is 1 Ender Pear = 4 iron ingots

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Last time i tried you cant. You can capture them just fine, but when you try to spawn them the spawner just wont start working. Exact mode makes no difference here either.

If you are looking for a iron golem farm, I would suggestthis:
(1300 iron/hour, yes 100% vanilla MC)

I just watched that whole video... just wow... it has just reaffirmed how simple I am. My mind has been blown that not only can someone conceive that, but that they can learn the mechanics to that level and have the dedication to build it (TWICE). Very impressed.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I left a tier 5 enderman farm, with an autocrafting center with minium stones, woke up with 200,000 iron

You should make the ender pearls go through 4 cyclic assembler, ender pearls > iron ingot > gold ingot > diamond > block of diamond. XD

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this was changed for the version in Unleashed, but in Ultimate you can use an MFR safari net on a thaumcraft golem, put it in a spawner, and make hundreds of them. If you set the spawner to exact mode, it will keep the core and all the accessories. You can then pick up the golems with your wand, and place them wherever you want. I created an army of combat golems this way. This is basically an exploit.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, in the change log, I remember seeing the entry on the removal of thaumcraft golem as a valid target for the safari net.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Pigmen are easier to work with than endermen. Starting with gold you transmute down to get iron and up to diamond instead of transmuting up once for iron and transmuting up two more times to diamond. They are also easier to contain and mostly harmless during a grinder leak.

Those satanic smurf/carebear hybrids from the Twilight that drop gold and wheat might also work.