Can use FTB advice.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
Starting up a new world on DW20 pack and I could use some tips to get some fast ores and resources.
Im probably gonna start up with some Tcon tools to get some quick resources, but im going to want to get alot of ores later on. Without making a mystcraft age or quarrys what are some ways to get some ores quick. I know of the MFR laser drill, maybe some sort of goggles that like xray or semi reveal nearby ores.
Please share of any tools or machines that give awesome ore returns.

Also I want to get into bees, I know to understand this mod the best way is to find a guide, study then try it in game. If I can get a link to a updated video or guide would come in handy.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Starting up a new world on DW20 pack and I could use some tips to get some fast ores and resources.
Im probably gonna start up with some Tcon tools to get some quick resources, but im going to want to get alot of ores later on. Without making a mystcraft age or quarrys what are some ways to get some ores quick. I know of the MFR laser drill, maybe some sort of goggles that like xray or semi reveal nearby ores.
Please share of any tools or machines that give awesome ore returns.

Also I want to get into bees, I know to understand this mod the best way is to find a guide, study then try it in game. If I can get a link to a updated video or guide would come in handy.
Ugh, Direworf20... But Bees, you say? That's everyone's favorite "They're hard I don't understand them" crutch! But then we take that crutch, smash it on your head, and burn it before you, and you say "OW WHY DID YOU BREAK THAT OVER MY HEAD! ...Wait, why is it easy to walk? I thought I needed that crutch. ...Still, you didn't need to break it over my head, jerk."

In short, if you understand Mendel Genetics(as Forestry Beekeeping, Tree Keeping, and Butterfly Keeping) is based around it... It's all punnet squares from there. Discounting mutation chances and what can occur. Then it's back to punnet squares.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, Direworf20... But Bees, you say? That's everyone's favorite "They're hard I don't understand them" crutch! But then we take that crutch, smash it on your head, and burn it before you, and you say "OW WHY DID YOU BREAK THAT OVER MY HEAD! ...Wait, why is it easy to walk? I thought I needed that crutch. ...Still, you didn't need to break it over my head, jerk."

In short, if you understand Mendel Genetics(as Forestry Beekeeping, Tree Keeping, and Butterfly Keeping) is based around it... It's all punnet squares from there. Discounting mutation chances and what can occur. Then it's back to punnet squares.
Bees is love.
Bees is life.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Honestly the best experience I have ever had in MC was just trying bees and experimenting a bit with them and learning myself how they worked. As @YX33A said if you know just a little bit about genetics, then you can probably figure out the basics your self. Just go read the small descriptions on the main Forestry site about the different machines etc and you are basically good to go.

As for "cheats" for quick resources, don't bother. Just go about the game normally and you will have a much better experience IMO. Even after starting over several times. Speeding up resource procurement will only shorten your game.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
One of the best ways to get lots of ores is to start with a grinder (yep, the one with the handle), it's slow but it works.

Assuming you have food sorted out...

1. Tinkers Construct, basic tools.. pick axe, shovel, sword
2. Grind Stone to begin basic ore doubling
3. Thermal expansion, pulveriser and red-stone furnace

I usually go to the 'deep dark' and set up ender quarries of 64 x 64 in size, this generates thousands of ores, only takes a few minutes to set up a 64 x 64 grid of fences. More ore than you can realistically use :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
One of the best ways to get lots of ores is to start with a grinder (yep, the one with the handle), it's slow but it works.

Assuming you have food sorted out...

1. Tinkers Construct, basic tools.. pick axe, shovel, sword
2. Grind Stone to begin basic ore doubling
3. Thermal expansion, pulveriser and red-stone furnace

I usually go to the 'deep dark' and set up ender quarries of 64 x 64 in size, this generates thousands of ores, only takes a few minutes to set up a 64 x 64 grid of fences. More ore than you can realistically use :)
Yeah I love the Grind stone. In the very early days it is a very good way of getting just that little extra iron etc. Sure its boring, but jam something on your mouse and go to the toilet while grinding :p

Reactions: Dezz