Can Someone Please Help Me Make A Mod For 1.6.4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Do you have at least a reasonable amount of Java knowledge? If not, stop. Stop what you are doing and learn Java.
I started with very little Java knowledge; however, I did know Objective-C...

Knowing some sort of code beforehand is helpful, but seriously, sitting down and learning at least the basics of Java before trying to make a mod is pretty much a requirement.
I know what java is, it is basically what minecraft runs off of, its where all the code is, right? I've coded some things before for a small server, like perms and stuff, but not mods yet.

Knowing what Java is != knowing Java. Those perms were most likely just an xml file, which again, isn't the same.

Reactions: Wagon153

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I know what java is, it is basically what minecraft runs off of, its where all the code is, right? I've coded some things before for a small server, like perms and stuff, but not mods yet.
For one thing perms is not mods...and please check your inbox on the forums, I started a convo for a reason :p
Knowing what Java is != knowing Java.
this

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Invite me too! Although I seek to join more out of casual interest than any great desire to build the next Thingie.