can someone make me a modpack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

can someone make me a modpack

• yes and i would like to contact you

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i would like to

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

christopher bernard

Jul 29, 2019
hello, im XMinerincX. you can call me minerinc though, im looking for someone who can make me a modpack for 1.6.4 with a large amount of mods (mods will constantly be added by my request) and I would also like a server for it for me and my friends to play. if you wish to contact me do so in this thread and I will message you contact details. I don't mind if your 15 or 16 but I don't want anyone spamming me.

Yours truly
Chris

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
A couple of things that might improve your chances on finding someone who wants to help.

About how many mods are we talking?
What kind of mods?
Do you want a lot of custom recipes and stuff?
Do you host the server?
Is the pack maker allowed on the server?
How are you going to react when a mod simply can not get into the pack?
Why 1.6.4?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

christopher bernard

Jul 29, 2019
I would say around 147 to 167 mods maybe more. the pack has four categories: technology, magic, nature, and aesthetics. if its recipes then no but I would appreciate custom ore generation, no I do not host a server I don't not know how to port forward a modded server. yes if you made the pack you are allowed on the private server and you can bring 3 friends. I will not be mad if a certain mod can get in but I want these to be the absoulute minium ones to stay in: biomes o' plenty, thaumcraft, natura, magical crops, and dartcraft. I chose 1.6.4 because im not a big fan of the 1.7 packs and i always preferred mods in that verson. thank you for responding to my thread lenscas

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Whats wrong with 1.7? It adds awesome new mods, like RFtools, which i think is WAY more balanced than mystcraft, considering it requires power, AE is better, Thaumcraft is amazing, Why wouldn't you want a 1.7 world? They are epic and amazing. So honestly i can't see your motivation on choosing 1.6. besides, i for one wouldn't want to make a 1.6 pack. I don't believe many others would even consider making another pack 1.6 or something. prove me wrong i just don't wanna leave you hoping

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
A couple of things that might improve your chances on finding someone who wants to help.

About how many mods are we talking?
What kind of mods?
Do you want a lot of custom recipes and stuff?
Do you host the server?
Is the pack maker allowed on the server?
How are you going to react when a mod simply can not get into the pack?
Why 1.6.4?

I would also ask if the OP has taken into consideration if the mods in question even exist for 1.6.4.

[Edit] You also mention this person would "run the server". Does this also include paying for said server or are you renting by the month or providing your own hardware/network connectivity?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Port forwarding a modded server is identical to port forwarding a vanilla server as long as you don't run both at once. Even then it's fairly easy. What others have said about 1.6 being deprecated still stands, though. :p

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes it bugs me how the existence of "modpacks" has changed the way some people perceive Minecraft. Its hard to explain but I dont just play a world for a few days, hit "endgame" and look for another reconfiguration of the same old mods to spice up the grind. There is no endgame. You dont win minecraft. And each world is an investment, not something to just casually discard. Adding a few weirdo mods randomly to the same old set of tried and true mods doesnt give a pack personality. It just bloats it with junk.

Reactions: Type1Ninja